Google Analytics "Tracking Not Installed"

gmaister22

I have added by Google Analytics Property ID at Statistic at the admin panel but i still get

after 3 days.. any ideas?

Make sure you're not blocking Google in .htaccess, IP tables or the ACP IP ban page.
I'm not blocking google, google analytics was working few days ago on my IPB...the server is the same, haven't change it..

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^razeflux\.com$
      RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.razeflux\.com\/" [R=301,L]

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

# IPS Rewrite Rules
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /(topic|forum|user)/ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)show(topic|forum|user)= [OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^/(topic|forum|user)/ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{PATH_INFO} ^/(topic|forum|user)/
    RewriteRule ^.*$ ips2xf.php [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
      RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml) - [NC,L]
      RewriteRule (robots\.txt)$ robots.php [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>
That's my .htaccess, not blocking it there... :(

I just remembered I'd not set it up for my site yet (not that I really ever look at the data or need to use it) but I just have and it started working straight away.

I've compared the HTML with one of my sites and it all looks okay - the only thing I'd suggest is to double-check your analytics ID.

In your HTML it's showing up as - UA-41110551-1

Login to GA and make sure that's the correct ID. (I'm sure it will be, but just in case ... ;) )

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Yeah I thought I might have had to verify once too... but no, it was all instant for me.

I guess the verification is the very fact that you have the Analytics ID in use at the right domain. If they used to do some checks, I can't think why it'd be actually necessary so maybe they realised that and removed them? Dunno.

Certainly you do have to verify your domain for Google Webmaster Tools though.

Yeah I thought I might have had to verify once too... but no, it was all instant for me.

Both dated in January 2013.
Google Analytics segment:
To verify your site using a Google Analytics tracking code:

1. On the Webmaster Tools Home page, click the Manage Site button next to the site you want, and then click Verify this site.
  2. In the Choose verification method list, select Google Analytics tracking code, and follow the steps on your screen.
  3. Click Verify. Removing the code from your page can cause your site to become unverified, and you will need to go through the verification process again.
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35179
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=185871
EDIT: add link to help page for DNS TXT entry
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176792&topic=2370564&ctx=topic

Those links both refer to Webmaster Tools.

I have checked my server and I don't have an Analytics verification file either.
The fact that you need access to the server to add the tracking code to the file/template is verification enough.

I do however have a Webmaster Tools verification file.

I do however have a Webmaster Tools verification file.

You can eliminate that file with the DNS TXT entry. I used the text file and got tired of looking at it all the time cluttering up my root directory. Just edited the DNS and never have to worry about having or not having it in place. Of course, I use the GMAIL Apps also for my apple4me.net domain and the old ride-texas.org. The new domain has it's mail served by the VPS.
And actually, they should have been two different links... not sure why they are going to the same one. The second link has been corrected, and does refer to Google Analytics. ;)

Top Bottom