Resource icon

GoodForNothing Warning Points 1.0.0

No permission to download

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Warning Points - Adds a new variable for conversation message: Warning Points

This is a (really, really) simple add-on that adds a new variable for the admins to include the warning points in the default conversation text when a member is warned.

View attachment 100063

Installation
  1. Firstly, upload everything from the 'upload' folder to your forum's root directory.
  2. Install the add-on from your ACP.
  3. Voila! :D

Notes
This was a request from...

Read more about this resource...

I think this goes a long way towards increasing transparency between mods and users. Unfortunately it's causing a (benign) error to be thrown. I think it probably conflicts with Warnings by Waindigo....

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: replyMessage - library/Waindigo/Warnings/Extend/XenForo/ViewPublic/Member/WarnFill.php:16
Generated By: paul, 18 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/Warnings/Extend/XenForo/ViewPublic/Member/WarnFill.php(16): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/talkbass/...', 16, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Waindigo_Warnings_Extend_XenForo_ViewPublic_Member_WarnFill->renderJson()
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Json', Array, '')
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#5 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(95) "http://www.talkbass.com/members/test1099.233223/warn?fill=1&content_type=user&content_id=233223"
["_GET"] => array(3) {
["fill"] => string(1) "1"
["content_type"] => string(4) "user"
["content_id"] => string(6) "233223"
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["choice"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/members/test1099.233223/warn"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

There is a bug.

If you issue a warning to someone (let's say this warning have a value of 2 points) and uncheck the box "Apply warning points" then on the conversation it will say "Points: 2" instead of "Points: 0".

Last edited:
If you issue a warning to someone (let's say this warning have a value of 2 points) and uncheck the box "Apply warning points" then on the conversation it will say "Points: 2" instead of "Points: 0".
That's not actually a bug since the text being rendered is derived from the values from database and not from what the mod has selected, and the points is no exception.

Any chance to change that behavior? Because if you issue a warning with 0 points (unchecking the apply warning points box) then having the value from the database in the conversation is very confusing to the end user.

Could you please tell me what do you think about my idea?
Hey, sorry I missed your last post. The thing is that the message is fetched first before the point setting is changed. And the message is not "refetched" every time one of the values are changed so it would be a hassle to implement it.

Top Bottom