1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained GoodForNothing Warning Points 1.0.0

Adds a new variable for conversation message: Warning Points

1. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Warning Points - Adds a new variable for conversation message: Warning Points

Read more about this resource...

Gatses likes this.
  2. Gatses

Gatses Member

Thanks. :)

3. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

I think this goes a long way towards increasing transparency between mods and users. Unfortunately it's causing a (benign) error to be thrown. I think it probably conflicts with Warnings by Waindigo....

Code:
    ErrorException: Undefined index: replyMessage - library/Waindigo/Warnings/Extend/XenForo/ViewPublic/Member/WarnFill.php:16
    Generated By: paul, 18 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/talkbass/html/library/Waindigo/Warnings/Extend/XenForo/ViewPublic/Member/WarnFill.php(16): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/talkbass/...', 16, Array)
    #1 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Waindigo_Warnings_Extend_XenForo_ViewPublic_Member_WarnFill->renderJson()
    #2 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Json', Array, '')
    #3 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
    #4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
    #5 /home/talkbass/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #6 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(95) "http://www.talkbass.com/members/test1099.233223/warn?fill=1&content_type=user&content_id=233223"
    ["_GET"] => array(3) {
    ["fill"] => string(1) "1"
    ["content_type"] => string(4) "user"
    ["content_id"] => string(6) "233223"
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["choice"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/members/test1099.233223/warn"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }
    }

4. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

I'll give it a look (y)

5. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Is that a bug in your add-on?

6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Not a bug but a conflict with one of Waindigo's add-ons...

Xon likes this.
  7. imthebest

Got the following error message when trying to install on XF 1.4.6:

8. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Invalid class mostly means the files have not been uploaded properly.

imthebest likes this.
  9. imthebest

You're right. My bad, sorry.

10. imthebest

There is a bug.

If you issue a warning to someone (let's say this warning have a value of 2 points) and uncheck the box "Apply warning points" then on the conversation it will say "Points: 2" instead of "Points: 0".

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  11. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

That's not actually a bug since the text being rendered is derived from the values from database and not from what the mod has selected, and the points is no exception.

12. imthebest

Any chance to change that behavior? Because if you issue a warning with 0 points (unchecking the apply warning points box) then having the value from the database in the conversation is very confusing to the end user.

13. imthebest

Could you please tell me what do you think about my idea?

14. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Hey, sorry I missed your last post. The thing is that the message is fetched first before the point setting is changed. And the message is not "refetched" every time one of the values are changed so it would be a hassle to implement it.

15. Dennis B

Dennis B Member

Has this been solved? Thanks.

16. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I have yet to look into the issue. Not getting the time (I know it will only be a couple of minutes) to look into it :(