GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

If seller price good for some money, is there not a chance to put price in some another value than usd, euro... and did payment have option to pay face to face (cash), or something else than the paypal or similiar (via internet payment)
Different currencies will be possible once I am done with my payments/commerce system. And currently the payment methods available are the ones supported by [bd] Paygates. :)

@Sunka btw, this payment is for the advertiser to pay a fee in order to publish the classified (EDIT: currently) not between the advertiser and the buyer/seller :)

Last edited:
I didn't find it suggested before: When an item was sold, it would be nice to have this as an indicator very prominent. Or at least like "sale", "wanted". As I saw in the demo, the only indicator is a notice "was closed because item was sold"… which is a little bit insufficient.

I didn't find it suggested before: When an item was sold, it would be nice to have this as an indicator very prominent. Or at least like "sale", "wanted". As I saw in the demo, the only indicator is a notice "was closed because item was sold"… which is a little bit insufficient.
Here's a "sold" item: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge | GFNClassifieds Demo Board
Yes, I also think it's a little insufficient though I am not sure what to add so please do suggest :)

The most pragmatic way would be that every sold item can be flagged as sold and then automatically changes the "For Sale" indicator (badge) next to the title to "SOLD!" (badge). Maybe the Title is then also modified as strike-through in addition to that.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Classifieds with a new update entry:

Includes "Bump This Classified", some improvements and some bug fixes...

This version gives the advertisers the ability to bump a classified to the top, limited by user permissions (Bump classifieds by self every x minutes, default to 0, meaning disabled).

The classifieds in classified home and category view are now sorted by "Recently Bumped" by default.
View attachment 113081

If the advertiser can bump their classified, one link in the "Classified Tools" and one call-to-action beside the breadcrumb shows up.
View attachment 113082

Changes to the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: RDR
Why are users limited to a few specific currencies when listing their classifieds? We do not intervene with the transactions between the users. Users just list their prices on their classifieds for information purposes only. But this addon does not allow this apparently.

Why are users limited to a few specific currencies when listing their classifieds? We do not intervene with the transactions between the users. Users just list their prices on their classifieds for information purposes only. But this addon does not allow this apparently.
This limit will be removed once I add a better handling of different currencies :)

You do not have to handle currencies in my case. See it as a piece of text, not a currency to handle. Just allow the user to select the admin defined currency (text). Let user select it and just display it. It can work like a custom field. I am currently using waindigo's custom fields addon for my classified forum to display currency and location. But I can't do it in a classified addon. :) You should have mentioned this limitation in your resource description.

You do not have to handle currencies in my case. See it as a piece of text, not a currency to handle. Just allow the user to select the admin defined currency (text). Let user select it and just display it. It can work like a custom field. I am currently using waindigo's custom fields addon for my classified forum to display currency and location. But I can't do it in a classified addon. :) You should have mentioned this limitation in your resource description.

agree.
It is just a custom field with a couple "text" for the Classified-listing.
Since no "commerce" (cash transactions) between buyer/seller is handled anyway.

You are correct. Apologies for that. I will update the description once I log in from my computer.

It is actually more than that for this app. :)

Yes, it is more, it is a limitation and if it is not going to be fixed in the final version, I think you should refund my payment. As most of my users sell their products in Turkish Liras, this addon will have no use.

Thanks.

Yes, it is more, it is a limitation and if it is not going to be fixed in the final version, I think you should refund my payment. As most of my users sell their products in Turkish Liras, this addon will have no use.

Thanks.
Like I said already, this limitation Will be teremoved as soon as possible :)

If you don't plan to use paygates now or in the near future what I can do now is add a new option to allow other currencies for the time being. And you won't be able to put a price on the packages.

When I go live with this addon, I will use paid packages. But the currency limitation is no problem for that. I can sell packages in USD. I don't have to sell it in Turkish Liras.

Selling something using the addon and only listing something using the addon are different things. They should be. As I said, we do not intervene with transactions between the users at all. The listed price is for information purposes only. Hence there is no point in this limitation.

Selling something using the addon and only listing something using the addon are different things. They should be. As I said, we do not intervene with transactions between the users at all. The listed price is for information purposes only. Hence there is no point in this limitation.
The package price the user has to pay is can also be determined by the price of the listing set by the user. For that we need some kind of exchange rates.
If you have a package that is USD 2 for anything pricier than USD 10 and if there is no exchange rate, the will see TRY 10 as USD 10 not USD 3.6 so the calculation gets wrong and the user will have to pay USD 2 in order to get published.

Now you might say that you wont be using the flexible/percentile rates but the fixed one. But the system isn't build for only one rate, it's built for all 3.
You'll have to understand the predicament. If I had the possibility to add multiple currencies now, why wouldn't I add it?

Sorry. I don't understand what displaying the price information in a classified has to do with all those exchange rates, payment gateways etc. etc. if you don't deal with transactions between the users. If these things result in a limitation it means the logic used in the addon is flawed. These two entirely different things should not affect each other.

Please do not get me wrong. This addon is the best classified addon I have seen and it has great potential. That's why I bought it. But I think you have followed a wrong logic in the pricing department.

Sorry. I don't understand what displaying the price information in a classified has to do with all those exchange rates, payment gateways etc. etc. if you don't deal with transactions between the users. If these things result in a limitation it means the logic used in the addon is flawed. These two entirely different things should not affect each other.

Please do not get me wrong. This addon is the best classified addon I have seen and it has great potential. That's why I bought it. But I think you have followed a wrong logic in the pricing department.
It's really just a display issue for your use-case (for now). The way it is now is well thought out to enable a listing fee based on either flat-rate or a percentage based on the sell price.

You CAN use custom fields to display a price but the drawback would be it doesn't show anywhere until you view that particular item (if you set the sell price to ZERO, listings will display by default "See Description" where the price would normally show.

Try it and see if that works. You could go further and edit templates/phrases/css probably to hide the default price text and show your custom field(s) where you want/need them to.

Cheers,

Regs.

Then it is well thought only for one scenario and restrictive for others. I don't plan to get a percentage on the listing fee. I may only sell featured listings. I think this issue should not be so difficult to solve by the author and I believe he will.

Top Bottom