GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

I think there needs to be a link so if someone is reading a review he/she might want to view what the advertiser sold maybe by looking at the pictures and stuff...

Something I hadn't thought about – We permanently delete all listings older than six months, unless they are in a particular 'problem threads' forum. Is it possible to do something similar with classifieds, maybe on a category basis? Or do the adverts just stay around forever?

No, i thought if a user has more than e.g. 75% negative Ratings he would banned for a while (time can set in acp) from sell or buy classifieds. He can see all classified but if he want to do some action like buy or sell, he get a reminder that he has to much negative ratings. So maybe it is a learning process .. ;)
Yes and the User with poor feedback should still have full access to the rest of the forums and website. I would treat poor reviews differently than user warnings and report resolution which often involves "warning points" and bans.

No, i thought if a user has more than e.g. 75% negative Ratings he would banned for a while (time can set in acp) from sell or buy classifieds. He can see all classified but if he want to do some action like buy or sell, he get a reminder that he has to much negative ratings. So maybe it is a learning process .. ;)
Yes and the User with poor feedback should still have full access to the rest of the forums and website. I would treat poor reviews differently than user warnings and report resolution which often involves "warning points" and bans.
I should've written more :p
Yeah, the user will be able to access the site but contact and such actions will be revoked... and the user will be queued for moderation and once approved he can again post/contact classifieds - something along that line.

Something I hadn't thought about – We permanently delete all listings older than six months, unless they are in a particular 'problem threads' forum. Is it possible to do something similar with classifieds, maybe on a category basis? Or do the adverts just stay around forever?
That can be done :) But I think the classifieds should be there... the closed/expired classifieds don't show by default anyway so nothing to worry... At least you can brag we have millions of classifieds on our site :p

That can be done :) But I think the classifieds should be there... the closed/expired classifieds don't show by default anyway so nothing to worry... At least you can brag we have millions of classifieds on our site :p

We'd love to, but don't have space. But that's probably just us though, because all our classifieds are free. I'm sure sites that charge for them don't have this problem.

I should've written more :p
Yeah, the user will be able to access the site but contact and such actions will be revoked... and the user will be queued for moderation and once approved he can again post/contact classifieds - something along that line.

That sounds good. So the User will still be able to post (in addition to view) to normal forums while in the moderation queue for low classifieds feedback ratings right?

We'd love to, but don't have space. But that's probably just us though, because all our classifieds are free. I'm sure sites that charge for them don't have this problem.
I can add an option on a per category basis to truncate expired and closed classifieds per x months ;)
And also that can be done via inline-moderation for the time being :)

That sounds good. So the User will still be able to post (in addition to view) to normal forums while in the moderation queue for low classifieds feedback ratings right?
Yep, no relation what-so-ever :D

It would be nice if there were a trader profile with custom fields. I mentioned before having one for the old feedback thread, but we also have fields for whether the person lives in a smoking household, if they have pets, if they're under 18, etc. They have to fill it out on every listing, but it would be nice if it were all in one place. Maybe even a sidebar block on the listing? I'm not sure.

Currently working on changing the "order" tab to a order list like how it's done with XenResources... any complaints let me know! But it looks cool to me :D
Also adding grid view for classified list pages which is still under way so I wont be able to roll out an update today :)

@empire I'll see what I can do :)

A change to the classified editor:
Removed the middle "submit control" in the classifieds and moved the "Upload File..." button right below the description editor so the users will know that the button's for uploading images/attachments for the description (hopefully) :)
96.webp

Currently working on changing the "order" tab to a order list like how it's done with XenResources... any complaints let me know! But it looks cool to me :D
Also adding grid view for classified list pages which is still under way so I wont be able to roll out an update today :)

@empire I'll see what I can do :)

Grid view sounds very promising. Good idea.

A question for everyone: what things would you like to see in a kickass trader rating system?
  1. Option to leave or receive feedback only from people that partecipate to the thread.
    • We have the rule that the transaction have to be public otherwise no feedback could be left.
  2. A page with users feedback ranking
    • filterable per week/month/year/total
  3. possibility to respond at received feedback
  4. - option to sum feedback like eBay (different positive feedbacks from the same user count only 1)
  5. - option to have leave multi votes based on different things (customizable). for example:
    • response speed
    • comunication quality
    • shipment speed
    • payment speed
  6. in the trader info page see the "average response rate and response time" similar to airbnb (How are my response rate and response time calculated? | Airbnb Help Center)
  7. in the sidebar of ad, visualize info about the feedback of the advertiser (included number 6)

It would be nice to have a button to mark an advert 'on hold' – it would just make it private and remove it from the viewable listings. Then a member could mark it as sold, or else take it off hold if the deal didn't work out. Could also be useful if someone goes on holiday and wants to remove their listings temporarily.

Edit: Also, this is probably a dumb question, but – let's say you buy something. How do you go back and look at the listing? Is there a way to search/view sold listings?

Hi,

i would like to have the possibility to use categorys without classified packages.
or we get an acp-option to fade out the package field (it is for free) when the user add a new classified.

Top Bottom