GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

I wonder how all it ended?

As stated already. Maybe another (reliable) Coder is willing to something similar.
The "old" one is still running well on xf1 but as written many times it´s just a pain in da Ar** that there is NONE response from the Coder who did the Classifieds Addon.
Just shows u have to be very carefully whom u will give ur money

As written, make a list and i will see what we can do. For myself it is not so important to have it, we have our own solution.

Dang, haven´t even noticed that the author abandond.
Great - the next guy who run with my money. May be there should be some kind of escrow, as unfortunal this isn´t the first time and won´t be the last.

Dang, haven´t even noticed that the author abandond.
Great - the next guy who run with my money. May be there should be some kind of escrow, as unfortunal this isn´t the first time and won´t be the last.

He was around, then he wasn't. Then he was around, then he wasn't. It went back and forth for like 2 years.

I'm considering making similar add-on and generally moving from styles to add-ons (though all existing styles will be updated for xf2 with brand new framework).

The only problem is time. Need more time :)

Frankly, I thought this addon was trying to do too much, making it a lot more complicated then necessary for most forum owners.

Frankly, I thought this addon was trying to do too much, making it a lot more complicated then necessary for most forum owners.
I agree and I didn't say I was going to copy it ;)

My plan is to make similar add-on that helps create custom marketplace. Its just a general idea so far, not my first priority: store add-on and updating styles are first in todo list.

My plan is to make similar add-on that helps create custom marketplace. Its just a general idea so far, not my first priority: store add-on and updating styles are first in todo list.

If you take the payments out of it --- then most of it is basically formatting isn't it?

Some custom fields for those forums and a tab for the 'classifieds' would basically do the job.

Great news Arty,
I will buy yr addon for sure
There should be an option to import classifieds from addon [gfn]classifieds ;)

Last edited:

I think you will make lots of sales if you do and support it properly. This addon was actually pretty good in many ways and I did appreciate the features it offered.

As with most classifieds addons best source of ideas is not to invent the wheel but make it look like the other 'wheel'. Look at kijiji, craigslist and many other localized classifieds platforms. If you make a kijiji 'lite' with the basic features you find there it would be a hit.

Important features (some of which this addon has):
1. Dedicated ad page
2. Child forums for ads
3. Buyer/seller messaging shortcuts
4. Feedback system
5. Proper Ad lifecycle management i.e. open, close, delete ads
6. Custom ad fields that are configurable
7. User group permissions
8. Easy to use sidebar filters (location, category, keyword, type etc)
9. Good thumbnail and gallery handling
10. Searchable
11. Ad expiry/auto cleanup and my ads shortcuts

If you get half of the above in your first addon I'm sure most of us former clients of this addon will migrate.

I think it's fair to say if he comes back with his grand speech about how he's sorry he's been gone, how he's busy and how he plans to finally work on the addon we need to snub him completely. He is FINISHED on Xenforo. My patience has ran out, all the haters were right, he's one the most unreliable people on Xenforo and doesn't deserve another chance.

Classifieds are done.

Whoever does this should really take the marketing opportunity that is XF 2. Excellent way to be the first out of the gate and capitalize on some new business. I would fund this but honestly I have too many projects on the go and would not prioritize this at a level that it deserves. Hope some author takes this up. Make it good, people will pay $60+ for this.

Whoever does this should really take the marketing opportunity that is XF 2. Excellent way to be the first out of the gate and capitalize on some new business. I would fund this but honestly I have too many projects on the go and would not prioritize this at a level that it deserves. Hope some author takes this up. Make it good, people will pay $60+ for this.
Until there are several stable releases of X2, I will not migrate from 1.5.x. and I think that won't happen within year or two... More over, there is a lack of addons adapted to X2. So, I expect Arty's Classifieds to be done for 1.5.x XF first :)

Until there are several stable releases of X2, I will not migrate from 1.5.x. and I think that won't happen within year or two... More over, there is a lack of addons adapted to X2. So, I expect Arty's Classifieds to be done for 1.5.x XF first :)

This is a moot point until someone puts some skin in the game. I would also not assume that everyone will wait a year or two before migrating. I'm ok with either personally.

This is a moot point until someone puts some skin in the game. I would also not assume that everyone will wait a year or two before migrating. I'm ok with either personally.
It's almost 2 years since I have heard developers are concentrated on XF 2. Is there a stable release available now?! No...

Top Bottom