Good Enough Blogs

Good Enough Blogs 1.0.44

No permission to download
Any possible alternatives other than XenBlog? XenBlog is my leading contender but I don't want to have all development plans on hold when we don't even know the XF2 version with importer will be available this year.

I'm researching and comparing options. If I could port them to threads and then reimport them to a future solution that might be an acceptable hack, but I suspect that will require a developer to write a simple porting script. So far the only planned XF2 blog I can find is XenBlog.

Custom development is I guess an option, but that's something we'd need to pool together for.

Anyone else in this situation please keep us appraised of your intentions and any solutions you might find.

There a is a handful of people waiting for a proper XF2 blog system. Count me in for a project funding.

Unfortunately crowdfunding add-ons isn't allowed on Xenforo.com, we'd have to do it off-site (I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem). Finding the right developer would be the most important aspect or we'll find ourselves in this situation again.

I think we should first make a list of people who will buy XenBlog 2. It's company and we'll have better support for sure. At least they a working product for XF1.

Anyone got this error when importing from [LN] Blog?

The first step (Import blogs) works without errors, but the next one (Import entries) stops because of this error:

Code:
Server Error
Value is not unserializable

XenForo_DataWriter->_castValueToType() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 721
XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 643
XenForo_DataWriter->set() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 995
XenForo_DataWriter->bulkSet() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 598
XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Override/Model/Import.php at line 28
XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_Model_Import->_importData() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Importer/LNBlogs.php at line 216
XfAddOns_Blogs_Importer_LNBlogs->stepEntries() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/xftest/admin.php at line 13

Any suggestions on how to fix this to import all entries successfully?

Hi,

i want upgrade Xenforo 1 to xenforo 2.x
but what i make with Good Enough Blogs 1.0.44?
i dont know if xenforo 2 imports the blogs. i would like to take the blogs as topics. is that possible?

thanks

OK, instead of waiting for an importer, we have developed one for ourselves! For those who are still stuck with this add-on, the upgrade day has arrived. Enjoy our free addition to the XenForo community:

Top Bottom