GoDaddy For Sale -

Peggy

GoDaddy.com, the closely held website that registers Internet domain names, has put itself up for sale in an auction that could fetch more than $1 billion, people familiar with the matter said.

Read more...

I am unclear why you would need to move domains registered with gd. Whoever pay $1B will probably not destroy it.

_NEVER_ liked GoDaddy's interface, glad I don't use them. Now I just need to make sure none of the domains on other people's account I have association with doesn't have my information in the whois database, as well as their billing informations.

Buying a 2 year block came with a huge discount. It is a shared hosting account, for hosting some static documents. We have full backups and the name registrar is someone else. We could switch over within a day to some other place.

GoDaddy has always treated me good, they've updated a ton of their interface over the years but still works for me just as good :). I've never had a single problem from ordered, to getting the domain set. I don't own hosting through them and I have heard horror stories regarding that but none that are first-hand to me. I don't see why you would need to move, whoever buys it isn't going to purchase it for the sole reason of shutting it down.

been using namecheap for many years now. Had godaddy at one point, but I quit after getting too many spam emails from them.

That was exactly my experience, and they were hopeless at customer support. Namecheap are awesome!

Does anyone have a Billion dollars for GoDaddy in the current market? Just curious, maybe the Ebay monster will gobble them up.

I've always found GoDaddy to go way to commercial on their website already being a commercial company. Their interface is too cluttered and their support service is lacking when you need it. Their DNS servers are also pretty slow compared to Namecheap. I used to have their service a long long time ago, ever since I've switched to Namecheap it's been much nicer and efficient to manage my domains and whatnot. Good luck to whoever buys it anyways! :)

I don't remember who I had before namecheap but when I was looking around for a different one, godaddy was a possibility. a friend of mine told me to stay away as their user panel was very unfriendly. So I did. Namecheap has been awesome.

Top Bottom