XF 1.4 Globally Set forum posts to be moderated

Ark Royal

Is it possible to set ALL forums to need posts to be moderated?

I have created a new group that I wish to moderate posts for, however all forums are set for no moderation of posts and replies and the thought of going through everyone individually is a nightmare. Is there a quick way to do what I want?

Many Thanks

AR

The easiest way would be to set the "Follow message moderation rules" permission for that group. If this is effectively a 'naughty' group that you add misbehaving members to, then you should set that permission to Never.

If you are looking at moderating posts by newly registered members and once after a few posts you want them to be able to post without moderation, then you should set "Follow message moderation rules" in the Registered group (which should be everyone's primary group) to Not Set (No) and then use an promotion after a few posts (say, 5) to a secondary group where that permission is set to Allow.

Hi @Martok

That is exactly what I have done ie set up a naughty group. But unless I am missing something the problem I have is that every forum, by default has been set up like this

upload_2014-11-14_13-45-2.webp
So it doesn't matter what the 'Follow message Moderation Rule' is set to as all forums are un-moderated anyway. I have 'normal' user groups set to Allow Follow Moderation and the naughty group set to Never but bot groups can post without moderation.

If the permission is set to Never, they will not be able to post unmoderated.

I use that permission in that way on my own forum and we also use it here.

upload_2014-11-14_13-57-29.webp

Hi @Martok

That is exactly what I have done ie set up a naughty group. But unless I am missing something the problem I have is that every forum, by default has been set up like this

View attachment 89130
So it doesn't matter what the 'Follow message Moderation Rule' is set to as all forums are un-moderated anyway. I have 'normal' user groups set to Allow Follow Moderation and the naughty group set to Never but bot groups can post without moderation.
You don't need to set the options in forums so that's fine.

If "Follow message moderation rules" is set to Allow in a user group, then users will follow any moderation rules in forums. If there aren't any rules set (ie unticked as you have it) then users in that group will be able to post.

If "Follow message moderation rules" is set to Not Set (No) for a user group (and they are in no other user groups), then users posts will be moderated no matter the moderations setting in the forum.

If "Follow message moderation rules" is set to Never in a user group, then users will never be able to to post without moderation, whatever the settings in the forums or in other groups that they are in.

*EDIT* I've just seen @Brogan's post. That's the permission that needs to be set in your 'naughty' user group. I use this too and it does work.

If you are still having problems, use Analyze permissions in the ACP for a user in the 'naughty' group and post a screenshot.

Top Bottom