XF 1.4 Glitch? Now seeing: "This message is awaiting moderator approval"

arj

Hi there

Our forum has started displaying "This message is awaiting moderator approval" for new members' posts. We haven't actually edited anything, so not quite sure how it's being caused.

What is the permission I need to edit and where is it?

Thanks in advance!!

The permission name for message moderation is called Follow message moderation rules: And can be found under the General Permission group.

Reactions: arj
Users, User Group Permissions, Registered users - then search for Follow message moderation rules.

/edit - pasted something unrelated lol

I think I found it, it seems that was set to No, but although I've changed it, I'm still getting the same message?
Is there anywhere else it could be triggered?

I think I found it, it seems that was set to No, but although I've changed it, I'm still getting the same message?

Are those members in a secondary group? If so, check the secondary group as well for the moderation permission.

Are you using an anti spam add on by any chance? Maybe its settings have it so all new members posts will be moderated.

Hi there, thanks for your help. They are, but the secondary groups seem to have those permissions set, too.
Would a user need to log out and then back in for the permissions to apply?

I thought we had an anti spam addon but it seems we don't, it's just the Stop Forum Spam under 'User Registration'.

Hi there, thanks for your help. They are, but the secondary groups seem to have those permissions set, too.
Would a user need to log out and then back in for the permissions to apply?

I thought we had an anti spam addon but it seems we don't, it's just the Stop Forum Spam under 'User Registration'.

That permission should take affect immediately.

It's also awaiting approval for posts, but I'm guessing that's covered in the same permission?

What do you mean by this? Are the posts in the moderation queue or the users? Can you please post a screenshot of your moderation queue?

Hi there it looks like this. The posts and the threads are both in the moderation queue.

410c93169e.png

The permissions for Registered look like this:

5a74290311.png

It doesn't appear to be happening to all users, either - 2 users both in the same groups - 1 can post and the other can't.

The only difference seems to be number of posts/time since they joined that I can identify as separating them?

0bfbf83cf0.png

Ah, sorry - it's not, we run a diabetes website and that post was made by an account created by us.

Is there anything IP-based that could trip it?

Top Bottom