XF 2.2 GIPHY API production key application

JasonBrody

Hey Guys,
Today I applied for Giphy production API and it got rejected with following reason:

2020-09-30_230843.webp

So, can anyone clarify what particular video I should provide them ?

I was rejected as well, seems like they dont want people to use their useless gifs.

I used the key and it works and continues to work after they rejected me. So if it works and I dont need to jump through their hoops to get it working all is well.

I was rejected as well, seems like they dont want people to use their useless gifs.

I used the key and it works and continues to work after they rejected me. So if it works and I dont need to jump through their hoops to get it working all is well.

Did you provide them the video shot ?

ok, so without production api everything running fine with Giphy ?
So far its still working, I can search for gifs and they load no issues as of yesterday. That may change though, if it doesnt I am not worried about being approved. If it quits working I may or may not do a video. I dont even have a way to do that. Strange......

It just needs to be a video of the GIF integration working.

Coincidentally, here's a video of the GIF integration working, from the first post in this thread:

Download it and send it to them.

I actually send the similar type of video (showing searching of gif - selecting + adding to post - publishing the post .

Still got rejected .

Here's what application setting I've sent with:
2020-10-01_001437.webp

Is it fine ?
then I will try sending them request again .

Lets Go Dancing GIF by Tennis TV

It doesn't really
Hi,

We’ve reviewed your submission for a production key and at the current time, it does not meet our criteria. Do not fear though! We’ve provided some feedback below, and once addressed, your app can be resubmitted (through the same developer portal) for reassessment.

ISRA: Rejected

• Hi there, are you able to please provide more information about your app along with a video capture of the GIPHY experience. Feel free to apply for another key when you are ready.
As a reminder, you can always visit our Design Guidelines, FAQs, and download attribution logos here, but also feel free to reach out to us directly at developers@giphy.com with any questions.

Love,
GIPHY
And using their "attribution logo" was not accepted.

Hi there, are you able to please provide more information about your app along with a video capture of the GIPHY experience. Feel free to apply for another key when you are ready.
Well, this seems to be the reasons they have given.

It seems to imply there wasn't a video capture of the GIPHY experience or a full enough description. Someone else had the same issue, even though they'd sent through a video already.

All I can suggest is you try again. Either something went wrong with the video upload or they've somehow managed to miss it.

Top Bottom