Getting ready to convert from vB4 to xF

AndyB

I have the importer folders uploaded. In preparation of importing I went to the install page and get this message:

pic001.webp

1) What happens if I click the "Click here" link?
2) What does it mean to "Rebuild Master Data?

I assume the best thing to do would be to delete the current MySQL database and create a new one with the same name? Is this correct?

The click here will do a fresh install where you must delete everything in the database.
The Rebuild Master Data will only rebuild the cache for all the templates and phrases etc.

Thank you, Brogran. I was hoping it would be some thing simple like that. It would have been so much better if the error message would indicate this issue.

Found the problem. When I navigated to the /install URL, Firefox put in the trailing upgrade to the path. I needed to delete that part in the URL path and now I'm good to go.

Currently my primary URL is in a folder called xenforo. Ultimately it will be in the "forums" folder. My question is can I specify xenforo for now and change it easily in the ACP later?

pic001.webp

I installed the importer vbulletin4-importer-3.6b2 successfully. But when I try to run the Import External Data link, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Importer_Abstract' not found in /path/to_my_site/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php on line 4

Top Bottom