Getting ready to convert from vB4 to xF

AndyB

I have the importer folders uploaded. In preparation of importing I went to the install page and get this message:

pic001.webp

1) What happens if I click the "Click here" link?
2) What does it mean to "Rebuild Master Data?

I assume the best thing to do would be to delete the current MySQL database and create a new one with the same name? Is this correct?

Thank you, Nasr. You were 100% correct. I thought I would be smart and rename the original Importer folder to "Importer_original" and copy the add-on folder as required. So I ended up with tan incomplete Importer folder as show in this image.

pic001.webp

I needed to copy the Abstract.php file to the Importer folder and now I'm good to go.

Yeah. Some addons will have a folder named the same as the one u have but with different files. Your ftp should only upload those files ontop of the ones already in that folder. You shouldn't rename the folders.

I'm at the point where it wants to merge users, I have about 100 of these. I understand that my account needs to be merged, but what about the others?

I assume it's comparing email addresses and wants to merge users with the same email address, is this correct?

What does it mean to:

1) Merge with existing user
2) Change conflicting email address

Merge with existing user is the default selection.

The converter ran without any problems. My 300,000 attachments were converted in about 8 hours.

This morning all my members are raving about how much they like Xenforo over vB4 which they have been using for the past four years.

Thanks for the great support. The Xenforo team here is the best.

Top Bottom