1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting ready to convert from vB4 to xF

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by AndyB, Mar 22, 2013.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I have the importer folders uploaded. In preparation of importing I went to the install page and get this message:

pic001.jpg

1) What happens if I click the "Click here" link?
    2) What does it mean to "Rebuild Master Data?

I assume the best thing to do would be to delete the current MySQL database and create a new one with the same name? Is this correct?

2. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

The click here will do a fresh install where you must delete everything in the database.
    The Rebuild Master Data will only rebuild the cache for all the templates and phrases etc.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why are you loading the install page to do an import?

You do it from the ACP.

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you, Nasr.

Perfect, the "Click here" option saves me the the effort of deleting the current database and creating a new one.

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hi Brogan,

I assumed that I want to start with a completely empty database. Does the importer empty the database as the first step?

6. Brogan

7. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I think that's the best idea.

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I deleted my xF database and created a new one. I navigated to the /install/ folder and get the following error:

pic001.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

9. Brogan

The install_lock.php file is still in place; delete it from the internal_data directory.

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you, Brogran. I was hoping it would be some thing simple like that. It would have been so much better if the error message would indicate this issue.

11. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Unfortunately deleting the install_lock.php on the server appears to not be the only problem. I still get the same error message.

12. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Found the problem. When I navigated to the /install URL, Firefox put in the trailing upgrade to the path. I needed to delete that part in the URL path and now I'm good to go.

CyclingTribe likes this.
  13. Brogan

Edit: Good to hear.

14. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Currently my primary URL is in a folder called xenforo. Ultimately it will be in the "forums" folder. My question is can I specify xenforo for now and change it easily in the ACP later?

pic001.jpg

15. Brogan

Nasr likes this.
  16. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Yes.

17. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you, Brogan and Nasr.

18. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I installed the importer vbulletin4-importer-3.6b2 successfully. But when I try to run the Import External Data link, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Importer_Abstract' not found in /path/to_my_site/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php on line 4

19. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Make sure you've uploaded all the files correctly and to the correct directory.

20. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I'll double check the folders now.