Getting mad with the giant thumbnails on the index site

RobaFresca

Even if i configured and rebuilt all Thumbnails to 80x80 and allowed 20 in a row and tried at least switching around any possible switch....on my Index i still see three giant ugly blurred and pixelated Images in a row...

Please help to get that fixed...I HATE IT and think about to uninstall the whole thing...

upload_2015-5-22_12-8-41.webp

Ok, that solved it....but this is really very misleading if i can set on one hand a definitely global thumb size and upon that setting it gets ignored....

Anyway thx a lot !

It doesn't get ignored. You set it to 300 x 300, the thumbnails will be 300 x 300. You set it to 80 x 80, the thumbnails will be 80 x 80. Changing it requires them to be rebuilt to apply to existing ones.

That, however, is separate to what size they appear to be. It's a responsive design so they will fill the space they have. To adjust that, you need to adjust the items per row, as you have done.

Glad it's sorted now.

I found this by Googling "xen media gallery blurry." I'll give the fix a shot but I don't think blurriness should be part of the out-of-the-box experience for anything related to photography. Most people won't bother tracking down "why" or trying to fix it. I was working around this since last night by modifying the size of .thumbnailContainer from 100% to 50%, but I was still mystified that the software would take a 300x300 thumbnail it had created and scale it up at any point for display purposes. Madness.

Top Bottom