1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting mad with the giant thumbnails on the index site

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by RobaFresca, May 22, 2015.

1. RobaFresca

RobaFresca Active Member

Even if i configured and rebuilt all Thumbnails to 80x80 and allowed 20 in a row and tried at least switching around any possible switch....on my Index i still see three giant ugly blurred and pixelated Images in a row...

Please help to get that fixed...I HATE IT and think about to uninstall the whole thing...

upload_2015-5-22_12-8-41.png

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That screenshot seems to suggest you have default items per row set to 3 in Admin CP > Style Properties > XFMG: Responsive Design.

3. RobaFresca

RobaFresca Active Member

Ok, that solved it....but this is really very misleading if i can set on one hand a definitely global thumb size and upon that setting it gets ignored....

Anyway thx a lot !

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It doesn't get ignored. You set it to 300 x 300, the thumbnails will be 300 x 300. You set it to 80 x 80, the thumbnails will be 80 x 80. Changing it requires them to be rebuilt to apply to existing ones.

That, however, is separate to what size they appear to be. It's a responsive design so they will fill the space they have. To adjust that, you need to adjust the items per row, as you have done.

Glad it's sorted now.

5. Azofan

Azofan Member

I found this by Googling "xen media gallery blurry." I'll give the fix a shot but I don't think blurriness should be part of the out-of-the-box experience for anything related to photography. Most people won't bother tracking down "why" or trying to fix it. I was working around this since last night by modifying the size of .thumbnailContainer from 100% to 50%, but I was still mystified that the software would take a 300x300 thumbnail it had created and scale it up at any point for display purposes. Madness.

6. RobaFresca

RobaFresca Active Member

Try to recreate thumbnails in the tools section that should it do....

Azofan likes this.