XF 1.3 Getting Fatal Error After Add On, Even After Deleting Add On Files

MQK8

Okay, I'm a noob but will try to explain this.

I FTP'd the widget framework add on files to my directory to install like I usually do on all my addons, then went to my ACP to install the XML file, during that process it threw a fatal error. So I restored my site back to before doing this add on. So I was back to normal but when I went to delete the wideframework addon in my ACP area, it says files are not there to delete, please add files. So I went back to my FTP client and installed the widget framework files so I can delete this and now I get this error on my site

Fatal error: Class 'WidgetFramework_Route_Filter_PageX' not found in /home/rocky50/public_html/mysite.com/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php on line 236

I just want to delete this addon now but now I have an error on my site. What do I need to do. Stuck like chuck.

Thanks

Okay,
I restored my site again and its back online, but I have all these errors showing from this widgetframwork add on.. I know if I try to delete it, it will tell me files are not there to delete, please install files to delete, then when I add these files via FTP, it will throw an error and my site will be back off line. So anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks

So that's why I did wrong the first time I tried this, I installed ( FTP'd) the files to the wrong location? I uploaded them to the directory my xenforo is in just like all the other add ons, which is the correct location on this one?

Hi Mike
Okay, let me ask you a silly question.. Where do I find this > library/config.php. to add the string of text to.. I'm still learning..
Thanks

So I assume this is going in my cpanel to file manager and finding the config.php file and using code editor to add the text at the top, right under where it says php? If so I tried that and no luck :(

It usually /home/yourcpanelusername/public_html/library/config.php if you put xenforo in public_html directory

Put $config['enableListeners'] = false; under <?php so it looks like:

Code:
<?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';

$config['db']['port'] = '3306';

$config['db']['username'] = 'dbuser';

$config['db']['password'] = 'dbpass';

$config['db']['dbname'] = 'dbname';

$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Hi Sheratan
Ok I put the code at the bottom like this, this is how my file looks but didn't work

<?
$config['db']['username'] = 'rocky50_xenforo';
$config['db']['password'] = 'xenforo';
$config['db']['dbname'] = 'rocky50_xenforo';
$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

Okay, just tried all three variations of adding the line of text to the config.php, still cannot delete the widget framework add on..after changing this in my files. Still saying files don't exist. Now what can I try? Or am I not writing the php correct?
<?php

<?php

<?php

You still need to replace the files. That should prevent the error that's there when they're present though.

Beyond that, if you still have problems, you'll need to contact the author.

Okay, just tried all three variations of adding the line of text to the config.php, still cannot delete the widget framework add on..after changing this in my files. Still saying files don't exist. Now what can I try? Or am I not writing the php correct?
<?php

<?php

<?php

It looks fine qua coding wise. What program are you using to make the edits? Can you try to first ftp the file to your pc, make the edits there and then re upload it back over writing the old one? Try filezilla for ftp and notepad++ for editing the file.

Hi borbole
Okay, thanks I sure will.. Thanks for the tips and response

:)

No problem :)

I suggested it because I read your post saying that you made the edits from the File Manager. And I have experiences similar issues before with it. The editor used there looks like sometimes it does not save the changes accordingly.

yeah i did make the via file manager.. both from code editor and just the editor.. I used WINSCP for FTP.. Don't have too much luck with Filzilla, too spiradic.

yeah i did make the via file manager.. both from code editor and just the editor.. I used WINSCP for FTP.. Don't have too much luck with Filzilla, too spiradic.

Are you having trouble with the config.php file or the widget framework add on?

If the former then try to start a ticket at your customer area so one of the staff here can look into this for you. If the later, have you tried to post at that add on's support thread? Its author can help you out best with it.

Top Bottom