RM 1.1 Getting custom field value using helper

Wulfspider

I've been trying to get the value of a field using the helper for it, but I keep running into issues. I yanked the helper call from the resource_field_group template in hopes of using it on another resource template with a specific custom field, but haven't been successful yet.

Original:
Code:
{xen:helper resourceFieldValue, $resource, $fieldId, {$resource.customFields.{$fieldId}}}

Tried:
Code:
{xen:helper resourceFieldValue, $resource, server_banner, {$resource.customFields.server_banner}}

So my question is, how would I specify a specific field? I tried replacing $feildId, but I get errors such as "No view registered" or no output at all depending on what I change.

Unfortunately, it's not available without code modifications. Partially, you need to register the view. Additionally, there may be a conflict regarding custom user fields and the "customFields" key.

Well, since I don't really need icons or tag lines with what I am trying to do, I ended up re-purposing the Resource icon (or tag line field) as a banner via modifications.

Last edited:
@Wulfspider - I got this working with the help of another developer on here. When I get a chance later today or over the weekend I'll post a reply with instructions. How comfortable are you with a little coding/file editing?

It's been a long time... let me see if I can figure it all out again, hopefully I have some notes. Are you trying to get stuff displaying in the resource_list_item template?
If you can't find your notes, the convo is still available with most of the info in it.

Top Bottom