1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 Getting custom field value using helper

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by Wulfspider, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

I've been trying to get the value of a field using the helper for it, but I keep running into issues. I yanked the helper call from the resource_field_group template in hopes of using it on another resource template with a specific custom field, but haven't been successful yet.

Original:
    Code:
    {xen:helper resourceFieldValue, $resource, $fieldId, {$resource.customFields.{$fieldId}}}
    Tried:
    Code:
    {xen:helper resourceFieldValue, $resource, server_banner, {$resource.customFields.server_banner}}
    So my question is, how would I specify a specific field? I tried replacing $feildId, but I get errors such as "No view registered" or no output at all depending on what I change.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What template are you using the helper in?

3. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

resource_list_item

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

Still trying to figure this out, anyone have any ideas?

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately, it's not available without code modifications. Partially, you need to register the view. Additionally, there may be a conflict regarding custom user fields and the "customFields" key.

6. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

Hmmmph... that's too bad. Thanks for the reply.

7. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

Well, since I don't really need icons or tag lines with what I am trying to do, I ended up re-purposing the Resource icon (or tag line field) as a banner via modifications.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  8. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

@Wulfspider - I got this working with the help of another developer on here. When I get a chance later today or over the weekend I'll post a reply with instructions. How comfortable are you with a little coding/file editing?

9. Wulfspider

Wulfspider Active Member

Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can take a look; posting here is fine too.

10. @Ludachris, can you shed some more light on how you achieved this?

11. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

It's been a long time... let me see if I can figure it all out again, hopefully I have some notes. Are you trying to get stuff displaying in the resource_list_item template?

12. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

If you can't find your notes, the convo is still available with most of the info in it.

13. Aye that's the one, any help appreciated.