• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RM 1.1 Getting custom field value using helper

Wulfspider

I've been trying to get the value of a field using the helper for it, but I keep running into issues. I yanked the helper call from the resource_field_group template in hopes of using it on another resource template with a specific custom field, but haven't been successful yet.

Original:
Code:
{xen:helper resourceFieldValue, $resource, $fieldId, {$resource.customFields.{$fieldId}}}
Tried:
Code:
{xen:helper resourceFieldValue, $resource, server_banner, {$resource.customFields.server_banner}}
So my question is, how would I specify a specific field? I tried replacing $feildId, but I get errors such as "No view registered" or no output at all depending on what I change.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Unfortunately, it's not available without code modifications. Partially, you need to register the view. Additionally, there may be a conflict regarding custom user fields and the "customFields" key.

Wulfspider

Unfortunately, it's not available without code modifications. Partially, you need to register the view. Additionally, there may be a conflict regarding custom user fields and the "customFields" key.
Hmmmph... that's too bad. Thanks for the reply.

Wulfspider

Well, since I don't really need icons or tag lines with what I am trying to do, I ended up re-purposing the Resource icon (or tag line field) as a banner via modifications.

Last edited:

Ludachris

@Wulfspider - I got this working with the help of another developer on here. When I get a chance later today or over the weekend I'll post a reply with instructions. How comfortable are you with a little coding/file editing?

Bob

It's been a long time... let me see if I can figure it all out again, hopefully I have some notes. Are you trying to get stuff displaying in the resource_list_item template?
If you can't find your notes, the convo is still available with most of the info in it.