• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Get back hard deleted threads without backup?

Enguerran A

Hello,

I have a big problem at the moment :/ I was editing my prefixes (removing and adding some of them) and I edited a prefix I was using for some really important threads but now they just disappear :'( Is there a way to get them back?

Edit : wazs my fault, I forgot that when you select threads and change page, they are still selected :'( now i'm crying

Last edited:

MagnusB

Check Google Cache, and see if they have cached those threads. At the very least, you can rebuild them if you don't have a backup.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's the type of mistake you only make once... And by mistake I'm not referring to the action of deleting threads. I'm talking about not having a backup. Biggest mistake you can make. I bet you'll be performing regular backups from now on, right?

Amaury

It's the type of mistake you only make once... And by mistake I'm not referring to the action of deleting threads. I'm talking about not having a backup. Biggest mistake you can make. I bet you'll be performing regular backups from now on, right?
My schedule's been off lately, but usually I try to take a backup every Friday on KH-Flare.

Haven't taken one since Sunday, September 29, hence the my schedule being off comment.

DBA

This is why no mod/admin, including me the site owner, has hard delete enabled on the mod permissions page.

Tracy Perry

My schedule's been off lately, but usually I try to take a backup every Friday on KH-Flare.
Haven't taken one since Sunday, September 29, hence the my schedule being off comment.
mydumper = your friend

run it daily via cron and have the system set up to keep the last 7 on the server. rsync them to my Mac Desktop and local server (2TB Raid using 10k RPM SCSI drives) and on there I keep a months worth.