Genesis - Open Source Style Framework

Genesis - Open Source Style Framework 1.0.0 Beta 1

No permission to download

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Add User Avatar to Last Post by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Adds the avatar of the last post author to the thread's information in the thread list.

This is a simple add-on that adds the avatar of the last post author to the thread's information in the thread list.

In conjunction with the Thread Thumbnails add-on, adds the option to include an attached or linked image.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_LastPostAvatar.xml...

Read more about this resource...

Have installed the mod but unfortunately am only getting the default avatar with the question mark for everyone. This is on the default style with XF v1.1.1.

Also, me being picky, your installation instructions should say install to root\library should they not?.

Great little add-on and going to brighten up the main forum page :).

Have installed the mod but unfortunately am only getting the default avatar with the question mark for everyone. This is on the default style with XF v1.1.1.
Oops. This has now been fixed.

Also, me being picky, your installation instructions should say install to root\library should they not?.

Great little add-on and going to brighten up the main forum page :).
Not being picky. I forgot to put the library directory in the zip file. Fixed now.

Glad you like it.

Some of my forums seem to be only displaying an avatar with no link or titles in forum home. Any ideas. It displays the avatar of the last poster correctly. Just that theres nothing after that. (No title/Date/Username)

I've found a couple of small bugs:

1. It doesn't display the avatar in the what's new list - is it supposed to?
2. We have categories as pages, if a forum has sub-forums then the most recent post of all the sub-forums the avatar is displayed twice.

I guess a lot of people don't have categories as pages so whether it's worth you doing a new version with a fix I'm not sure, but even if you could let me know how to stop it happening would be cool :).

Some of my forums seem to be only displaying an avatar with no link or titles in forum home. Any ideas. It displays the avatar of the last poster correctly. Just that theres nothing after that. (No title/Date/Username)
This is because the text is being pushed below by the avatar.

I had the same issue when adding this feature to my style framework.

This is because the text is being pushed below by the avatar.

I had the same issue when adding this feature to my style framework.

I see. I suspected something similar was happening because I could highlight something if I tried carefully. Did you find a fix at all? Seems to be the character count.

1. It doesn't display the avatar in the what's new list - is it supposed to?
This isn't currently supported.

2. We have categories as pages, if a forum has sub-forums then the most recent post of all the sub-forums the avatar is displayed twice.
I am struggling to reproduce any of these issues. Please could you check with the latest version of this add-on and, if it is still occurring, please post browser information and screen-shots and I'll see what I can do.

This new update broke last avatars. Avatars show but only as question marks. Uninstalling and reinstalling the old one.

I can confirm this unfortunately, and when going to a forum get the following errors:

Template Errors: waindigo_thread_list_item_last_post_avatar

1. Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperAvatarHtml() must be an array, null given in /home/oldrdev/public_html/xfdev/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1534
  2. Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::getUserHref() must be an array, null given, called in /home/oldrdev/public_html/xfdev/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1562 and defined in /home/oldrdev/public_html/xfdev/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1396[\quote]

Sorry for the double post, but here's a pic of what I was talking about with the doubled up avatar.

lastpostcategoryview.webp

Top Bottom