Genesis - Open Source Style Framework

Genesis - Open Source Style Framework 1.0.0 Beta 1

No permission to download
Hello Waindigo,

after the last update there is no spacing anymore between the inlinemod checkbox and prefixes/topic titles in thread list view.
This is how it looks like with your add-on disabled (or with the previous version enabled):
sp-1.webp

And this is how it looks like with your add-on enabled:
sp-2.webp

I could add spacing via CSS, but I would like to know what changes you made that might caused this.

Hello Waindigo,

after the last update there is no spacing anymore between the inlinemod checkbox and prefixes/topic titles in thread list view.
This is how it looks like with your add-on disabled (or with the previous version enabled):
View attachment 32398

And this is how it looks like with your add-on enabled:
View attachment 32399

I could add spacing via CSS, but I would like to know what changes you made that might caused this.
This is to do with the way that the thumbnails are added -- it basically takes the HTML, plays around with it, and then spits it out again -- on spit out, it seems to be removing spaces that it thinks are redundant. If it is doing this, then my thoughts are that it should have been done with CSS in the first place. I will check this out though and see if there is anything I can do.

Hi, the avavar doesn't show on the index from a category. Don't know if it's as design or a bug, but if as design, I would like to request such feature, because it looks a bit weird on the index page to not see avatar for all.

And btw, any news about this issue as reported before ?

Thanks for your time. :)

Hi, the avavar doesn't show on the index from a category. Don't know if it's as design or a bug, but if as design, I would like to request such feature, because it looks a bit weird on the index page to not see avatar for all. Thanks for your time. :)
I think this has been mentioned before. It is by design, although the wording should probably be changed from "avatar" to "default". The default for a thread is to show the avatar, and the default for the index is to show the node.

Please PM me if you are interested in contributing towards new features.

Waindigo, I discovered a bug in this addon. Your addon doesn't add the avatar of the last post author in the forum index if the forum is a child node of a category. If it's the child node of a forum, then it's working.

noava.webp

Waindigo, I discovered a bug in this addon. Your addon doesn't add the avatar of the last post author in the forum index if the forum is a child node of a category. If it's the child node of a forum, then it's working.

View attachment 36477
Technically this is a limitation of the add-on rather than a bug, although I think it's important that this feature be added so I have done. If, however, you would like to make a small contribution, that would be much appreciated.

wow that was quick. Yeah I'm too stupid sometimes to see the difference between a limitation and a bug :oops:

wow that was quick. Yeah I'm too stupid sometimes to see the difference between a limitation and a bug :oops:
Not at all stupid. As I've said, this is a feature that one would clearly expect from such an add-on (especially now that the add-on also supports social categories and libary nodes). It was just overlooked so thanks for pointing it out.

Hello, just now the addon has a problem and is that this when installed all good.
But if one accedes to some section only he proves to be the avatar for fault and not the avatar of the final user.
I attach an image of what happens. Regards.

Pd. While I am going to install again the previous version that if it works perfectly.

sa.webp

Yes, just noticed it too. There is a problem in forum view with this new version where the avatar of the last poster is always the default "?" avatar.

The problem is on line 15 of library/Waindigo/LastPostAvatar/Model/Thread.php where a constant has been given the hexadecimal number 0x100000000. The equivalent number in decimal is 4,294,967,296 while the largest number allowed for a PHP integer is 2,147,483,647.

To fix this, please remove one of the 0's (or change to a much smaller number), i.e.,:
Code:
const FETCH_LASTPOST_AVATAR = 0x10000000;

The problem here is that these constants have to be unique across all add-ons so I picked a high number to try and avoid any compatibility issues. There are only 63 constants to choose from but there is currently no central resource where all developers can go to reserve constants for their add-on to ensure compatibility with other add-ons. Might be time to set one up...

Edit: ... or find a different way of doing it.

Top Bottom