Genesis - Open Source Style Framework

Genesis - Open Source Style Framework 1.0.0 Beta 1

No permission to download
Since upgrading this the last post avatar stopped working so something has changed that is now affecting this.

Since upgrading this the last post avatar stopped working so something has changed that is now affecting this.
Many others have had the same issue for quite some time.. I also believe it worked on XenPorta at some point but same as you after an upgrade the functionality ended.. For me that was a couple updates back so i guess we are/were lucky.

I haven't tried this addon until this evening, and hadn't read through these threads. I'm using XenPorta as well, but it did cause some minor formatting issues that likely could have taken care of.

The avatars within XenPorta appeared to be the default blank avatar image.

This addon is nice, what would it take to support XenPorta?

When this is installed, it causes line breaks with the date / time stamps on the discussion list. Is there any way to rectify that?

Last Poster.webp

When this is installed, it causes line breaks with the date / time stamps on the discussion list. Is there any way to rectify that?

View attachment 66396
I had this problem with some users with longer usernames - in this case they didn't break across rows but only part of the name was shown as overflow is set to hidden. I used this in EXTRA.css to make the last column wider:

HTML:
div.listBlock.lastPost {
width: 175px !important;
}

Change the width to suit.
Note that It will remain at this width in responsive too (which is what I wanted).

I had this problem with some users with longer usernames - in this case they didn't break across rows but only part of the name was shown as overflow is set to hidden. I used this in EXTRA.css to make the last column wider:

HTML:
div.listBlock.lastPost {
width: 175px !important;
}

Change the width to suit.
Note that It will remain at this width in responsive too (which is what I wanted).

Thank you.

Next question would be how do I align the avatars evenly with the core thread creator avatars? Notice how under Last Message they have more space above them.

Discussion List.webp

Thank you.

Next question would be how do I align the avatars evenly with the core thread creator avatars? Notice how under Last Message they have more space above them.

View attachment 66405
That's because the avatars in last post are smaller (32px on mine) compared with the 42px of the avatars on the left. I've not bothered doing anything with this as I like it as it is, emphasizing the thread starter on the left with the slightly larger avatar but still showing the last poster on the right with the slightly smaller avatar.

That is unfortunate, it looks like a lot of people on this thread need it to work. And it worked on the last version?

We are happy for XenPorta to support this add-on, but we won't be supporting it. It is too much of a headache to try and support an add-on that isn't easily extended, compared to something like [BD] Widget Framework which we are happy to support because it is so easy to support.

For narrow devices (eg. iPhone) my understanding was that the last post avatar was not displayed, to save screen real-estate. It seems I'm incorrect though, as they are showing for me. If I want them not to display for narrow devices in responsive design, what template would I need to edit?

For narrow devices (eg. iPhone) my understanding was that the last post avatar was not displayed, to save screen real-estate. It seems I'm incorrect though, as they are showing for me. If I want them not to display for narrow devices in responsive design, what template would I need to edit?
The last post avatar shouldn't appear on narrow devices. What style are you using?

The last post avatar shouldn't appear on narrow devices. What style are you using?
Sorry, my mistake.
I am wanting to remove XF from showing the author avatar on forum topic lists, and then have more space to add text for the last post author.
I mistakenly thought it was this addon showing the first column user avatar.

Top Bottom