Genesis - Open Source Style Framework

Genesis - Open Source Style Framework 1.0.0 Beta 1

No permission to download
Hi,

After upgrading to the new version my character limit changed back to the default length setting and I'm not sure how to change the character limit for the latest title now.

In this post below you can see I changed the default character limit in this template: waindigo_node_category_avatar_last_post_avatar

How to increase character limit for latest thread in forum

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cter-limit-for-latest-thread-in-forums.42345/

Any ideas are welcome, Thank You.

Hi,

After upgrading to the new version my character limit changed back to the default length setting and I'm not sure how to change the character limit for the latest title now.

In this post below you can see I changed the default character limit in this template: waindigo_node_category_avatar_last_post_avatar

How to increase character limit for latest thread in forum

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cter-limit-for-latest-thread-in-forums.42345/

Any ideas are welcome, Thank You.
In the file library/Waindigo/LastPostAvatar/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php, you need to change the number on lines 37, 44 and 51:
Rich (BB code):
$title = XenForo_Helper_String::wholeWordTrim($node['lastPost']['title'], 25);
Rich (BB code):
$title = XenForo_Helper_String::wholeWordTrim($node['lastArticlePage']['title'], 25);

I will make this an option in the next update.

In the file library/Waindigo/LastPostAvatar/Listener/TemplatePostRender.php, you need to change the number on lines 37, 44 and 51:
Rich (BB code):
$title = XenForo_Helper_String::wholeWordTrim($node['lastPost']['title'], 25);
Rich (BB code):
$title = XenForo_Helper_String::wholeWordTrim($node['lastArticlePage']['title'], 25);

I will make this an option in the next update.

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. Much appreciated :)

Any idea on how to fix username being pushed down in a future release?

View attachment 41388
How would you rather it be displayed? Losing part of the username (this is how XenForo currently deals with it if the add-on is disabled and username is too long)? Or username obscured by the image?

Personally, although it's not particularly pretty, I think the current "pushed down" option is the most elegant.

Could you not set the width for the username container to correspond with the maximum characters allowed for the username?

Could you not set the width for the username container to correspond with the maximum characters allowed for the username?
The maximum characters allowed for a username is 50 by default. That's quite a lot larger than it is currently set to.

Why is this happening on the default style?

ky6A

We have the most update version of this addon but we get those multiple avatars.

Why is this happening on the default style?

ky6A

We have the most update version of this addon but we get those multiple avatars.
Looks like I've forgotten to check for redirected threads.

In library/Waindigo/LastPostAvatar/Listener/TemplateHook.php replace line 42:
PHP:
if ($viewParams['thread']['discussion_state'] != 'deleted') {
with:
PHP:
if ($viewParams['thread']['discussion_state'] != 'deleted' && $viewParams['thread']['discussion_type'] != 'redirect') {

Looks like I've forgotten to check for redirected threads.

In library/Waindigo/LastPostAvatar/Listener/TemplateHook.php replace line 42:
PHP:
if ($viewParams['thread']['discussion_state'] != 'deleted') {
with:
PHP:
if ($viewParams['thread']['discussion_state'] != 'deleted' && $viewParams['thread']['discussion_type'] != 'redirect') {

All fixed!

How would you rather it be displayed? Losing part of the username (this is how XenForo currently deals with it if the add-on is disabled and username is too long)? Or username obscured by the image?

Personally, although it's not particularly pretty, I think the current "pushed down" option is the most elegant.

Personally I'd like to truncate the username

Waindigo updated Last Post Avatar by Waindigo (WIN! edition) with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.5 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes issue with Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo add-on showing full sized thumbnails in thread list.
  • Fixes issue that username drops to next line in thread list if it is longer than the available column width.
  • Added an option to change the maximum characters for a title to fix incompatibility with some styles.
  • Fixes issue that multiple avatars appear if any thread...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom