XF 1.3 General upgrade question - Backups etc

akafusion

So i want to upgrade my forum from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2
So after backing up the root and db, and prior to starting the upload for the update what do i do with my current style and addons

I have one style - do i have to disable, uninstall or delete it prior to the update?
I have one addon - Xenporta, do i disable, uninstall or delete it prior to the update?

Also regarding the style, how do i back up the modifications to a styles templates
The ones ive edited are:
ad_thread_view_below_messages
chooser_overlay.css
footer

Where are they stored in the database or in the root? (as i cant find them in root)

Templates aren't changed during an upgrade (and they're stored in the database).

If the master template changes, then you'll be prompted to merge the changes.

You don't need to disable styles/addons unless you know they're incompatible with the version you're upgrading to.

You're making it much more complex than it needs to be :)

Liam

Ok thanks Liam,
Id rather ask now before the update, as with SMF i always used to unistall all the addons.
The location of the templates now makes sense as i couldnt find them in the root lol :rolleyes:

Next quick question is if i may.......when you unistall an addon or style does it also delete the folder i uploaded to the root or do i need to go in an remove it ?

Ok thanks Liam,
Id rather ask now before the update, as with SMF i always used to unistall all the addons.
The location of the templates now makes sense as i couldnt find them in the root lol :rolleyes:

Next quick question is if i may.......when you unistall an addon or style does it also delete the folder i uploaded to the root or do i need to go in an remove it ?

You'll need to remove it yourself... Or leave it there (which I'm sure is what many people do).

Liam

Top Bottom