General license question

RobParker

Are addon licenses transferable between XF licenses?

My XMG license is tied to my XF license but I had planned to see how popular the gallery was on our site and if not, then to use it for another site (purchasing a new XF license and linking it to that).

Now I'm guessing that will no longer be possible unless we're allowed to transfer addons between licenses?

At the end of the day it's $60 so no really a big deal but I just wondered what was allowed.

How does it not help?

Swap the URLs for the licenses, if you want to use the gallery add-on on the other site.

If you are unable to do that due to other add-ons already linked with the license, then the only option is to purchase the add-on again for the second license.

In terms of converted XMG licenses, we are giving the benefit of the doubt, though what Brogan has said regarding add-on transfers is generally correct. As a one time thing, we could move an XFMG license to a different XF license.

If you are unable to do that due to other add-ons already linked with the license, then the only option is to purchase the add-on again for the second license.

That.

Cheers both. For now I wanted to see how well used the gallery was on our site before switching and using it for a new project.

If all official add-ons keep getting tied to the license.. there will be a point where we would not be able to buy extensions anymore.

It'd be nice if XF can change the licensing system on the premise that we normally don't "need" all the renewals of add-ons, but we buy it to to explore various possibilities of building a community and also to support XF....

It'd be so much flexible if we are allowed to buy each product separately.

Top Bottom