Gamer Exit - Looking for Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great !
I really like the logo, for a site called Gamer Exit ... it looks perfect. The running man reminds of an old school game called bezerk (when the guy is running) ! Of course, the whole point of the game is to get to the next exit :)

berzerk_pillows_2.jpg

I found some performance problems ... like when clicking on this link (and some others) ... very slow. (They maybe went away a bit on repeat testing ?)
http://www.gamerexit.com/articles/zombie/
I guess some categories are empty ? That's pretty lame.

I like the prominent What's New (In the Navbar) but ... it might be too prominent ? I wonder if it would be just as effective Just to the right of HOME and styled as if it was just another Tab in the Nav Bar. The "Button-like" look to the What's New seems to spoil the overall design ... but at the same time is SURE stands out.

The XenPorta home page looks great. So much to like.

Overall : awesome !

cool.orange.background.webp
This was cool. I got lucky and screengrabbed it ! :)

Love the Footer.
Great job.

I've always felt that the Xenforo Help tab should be a subtab of the forums Tab, because outside of the forums it is of no help at all.

Very nice Russ.

Not sure you notice but at the top of the catergory image headers throughout there's a bright red residual border like colouring maybe edit this in photoshop and use a darker red. Hopefully you'll know and see what area of the 3 part sliced image i'm referring to.

Really liking the header/navigation and footer areas. overall excellent job russ. (y)

You guys know what I think already, but I will say here this is one of the most customized, creative, and forward thinking designs I've seen for XF. You should be proud of your work, both of you!

Very nice Russ.

Not sure you notice but at the top of the catergory image headers throughout there's a bright red residual border like colouring maybe edit this in photoshop and use a darker red. Hopefully you'll know and see what area of the 3 part sliced image i'm referring to.

Really liking the header/navigation and footer areas. overall excellent job russ. (y)

Now it's bugging me Shelley, THANKS FOR POINTING IT OUT! ;) But thanks a lot for the feedback Shelley, I was hoping you'd catch this thread and I could get your opinion, as I value it a lot :).

You guys know what I think already, but I will say here this is one of the most customized, creative, and forward thinking designs I've seen for XF. You should be proud of your work, both of you!

Thanks John we really appreciate the kind words, we've put a lot of hard work into this and there's still so much to do. And just an FYI I respect you and your designs so much and I know Steve does too so this statement from you means a lot, thanks!

Nice one Russ. There's lots to like with your forum, the background image at the top is striking eye candy!! It really does bring the whole thing to life. The visual layout of the thread list is superb as are individual posts and well done for resisting the temptation to stuff lots of user stats in the postbit under the avatar and just focus on post content instead.

Back again. :p

I think you could do better with the forum icons (forum-red, forum-unread) I'm not to keen on how these look and don't really think they reflect the quality of the rest of the theme.

Another thing I noticed is when you hover over the navtabs nothing happens. I think applying some kind of hover effect would be nice here even if it's a colour difference and/or a lower opacity so you know your hoverin. Something like the following perhaps?

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupOpen .navLink, .navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink:hover {
    -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
    -o-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
    opacity: 0.35;

Nice one Russ. There's lots to like with your forum, the background image at the top is striking eye candy!! It really does bring the whole thing to life. The visual layout of the thread list is superb as are individual posts and well done for resisting the temptation to stuff lots of user stats in the postbit under the avatar and just focus on post content instead.

Thanks for the feedback, what I'm working on next is actually allowing the users to choose their own backgrounds through custom profile fields sort of as what we've done with this:

profile.webp

Examples can be seen on my profile:
http://gamerexit.com/members/russ.27/
and
http://gamerexit.com/members/exile.1/

Default background would remain the current one for all guest and anyone who doesn't customize it :).

Back again. :p

I think you could do better with the forum icons (forum-red, forum-unread) I'm not to keen on how these look and don't really think they reflect the quality of the rest of the theme.

Another thing I noticed is when you hover over the navtabs nothing happens. I think applying some kind of hover effect would be nice here even if it's a colour difference and/or a lower opacity so you know your hoverin. Something like the following perhaps?

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupOpen .navLink, .navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink:hover {
    -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
    -o-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
    opacity: 0.35;

We've been through like 6 reversions of the forum icons lol :), we finally settled on these for right now as we were spending too much time on them. Goal is to get something better in the near future. I'll look into some effects on the hover as I agree we could use something on them, I tried that snippit and it appears to stop the pop up from hovering. Heading out or else I'd trouble shoot it a bit :), thanks again for the feedback, anymore is appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback, what I'm working on next is actually allowing the users to choose their own backgrounds through custom profile fields sort of as what we've done with this:

View attachment 31895

Examples can be seen on my profile:
http://gamerexit.com/members/russ.27/
and
http://gamerexit.com/members/exile.1/

Default background would remain the current one for all guest and anyone who doesn't customize it :).

We've been through like 6 reversions of the forum icons lol :), we finally settled on these for right now as we were spending too much time on them. Goal is to get something better in the near future. I'll look into some effects on the hover as I agree we could use something on them, I tried that snippit and it appears to stop the pop up from hovering. Heading out or else I'd trouble shoot it a bit :), thanks again for the feedback, anymore is appreciated.

Yeah I had a look at it not sure why i posted the class part it works on my custom navbar but the rest of the css might still come in useful :) you could try
.navTabs .navTab .navLink:hover

Good to hear and know all about spending too much time on icons :P

Shelley just linked me to your site. Looking great. Love the background image!

As Shelley has mentioned, that bright red border line has got to go!!! :D And I must yell "thief!" since you've robbed my post title box layout (although I imagine you got the idea from BBSmiley.. but she stole it from me too hehehehehe) but I'll forgive you :ROFLMAO:

Shelley just linked me to your site. Looking great. Love the background image!

As Shelley has mentioned, that bright red border line has got to go!!! :D And I must yell "thief!" since you've robbed my post title box layout (although I imagine you got the idea from BBSmiley.. but she stole it from me too hehehehehe) but I'll forgive you :ROFLMAO:

You cheeky b-itch I got it working for you then "stole" it from you. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Really liking that theme russ & Qwk86gn exceptional job.

Not often I say this but WOW!!!!!!!! on including that background image. I noticed this is a recent update you made? including that was a very good move and it's made this style from being excellent to Outstanding which gives it so much life and depth (plus it just looks awesome).

That makes me determined to suggest again and push you into designing and updating new node icons because those e-mail markers really aren't doing that style any justice. With that update (of the BG Image) it's one of my fav XF styles). Amazing job Russ. :thumbsup:

Feels like the forum is just floating in space - awesome effect heh heh. But I agree with Shelley, the node markers let it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom