1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Ticket System - Looking for Feedback

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by NixFifty, Jul 2, 2015.

1. NixFifty

NixFifty Well-Known Member

For a while in my free time, I've been hammering away on a ticket system. Right now, it's at a good stage and has a bunch of features to get it going but it has the potential to be so much more. It currently has things like custom fields, custom prefixes, categories with permissions, priorities, etc.

To take development of this further and get it ready for a release to the wider community, I am looking for some assistance with it's functionality and your thoughts on what it should (and shouldn't) do.

I have also set up a private forum to let you guys take it for a spin and see what it looks like so far so feel free to PM me to get access to that.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Donny, Steve F, Xon and 4 others like this.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Here's a little sneak preview of the add-on too :)

tickets1.png tickets2.png tickets3.png tickets4.png tickets5.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Donny, SoeHoe and DEZero like this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

@SoeHoe This might be what you need to replace ******* helpdesk.

Rob and SoeHoe like this.
  4. TheBoss

TheBoss Well-Known Member

Looks very promising ...

5. SoeHoe

SoeHoe Active Member

Thanks @Alfa1 , seems better than ******* has :)

Russ likes this.
  6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Thank you :), @NixFifty has done a great job with it.

Definitely (y)

AzzidReign and SoeHoe like this.
  7. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

@NixFifty will you add staff/moderator/non-user visible only replies?

I know at work with our ticketing system, being able to reply to customer and then leave staff-only notes is critical.

Steve F and Alfa1 like this.
  8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

We have that feature here, and its actually constantly used (if you aren't assigned to the ticket, it is automatically hidden).

9. NixFifty

Yeah, currently there is functionality for hidden replies between staff (only those with perms can see these kinds of replies). From my previous job, we also had a similar system to how XenForo's ticket system apparently works whereby if you're not assigned to the ticket, the response is automatically hidden. I have plans to integrate something like that too.

Rob and Xon like this.
  10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I would like it so that if a staff member is not assigned to the ticket but has permissions in the category then the staff member should be able to see the staff discussion.

Xon likes this.
  11. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

When can we expect a release for this? I've got a few clients interested in it.

12. NixFifty

A public beta of what we have so far will be released pretty soon but there are some things ahead of it.

Soulzz and Xon like this.
  13. Donny

Donny Active Member

I'd be happy to get a couple of these too.