Style Looking for feedback

John

Hi everyone! I am considering licensing my Xenomorph Style Framework as a standalone product and am trying to gauge what the interest for this might be. Most likely I will offer a personal and developer's license that obviously will differ considerably in price. I'm thinking it will run something like $39 for the personal version and $129 for the developer version. Included in the price will be support and access to upgraded versions as I add to the framework. For those who aren't familiar with it, the framework offers over 200 custom style properties and includes such features as a color changer, collapsibles, social media, custom node icons and effects and many, many more. Some of these are showcased here.

Look forward to everyone's feedback! :)

I'd assume john that the developer version would allow the person to use the fw, build styles using the fw and distribute them? If so I think it's a good deal.

Can this allow a member to change the color of the site for them? Like in preferences for instance? Are there any styles out that do that? If so, that's worth my dollas.

I'd rather my members be able to pimp out the site as much as they can to their own specifications than have multiple styles available, since that slows down my site.

Sounds interesting. One of the questions for the personal version would be if the framework could be applied to an existing style so that the style can take advantage of the framework or if the style would need to be recreated entirely within the framework?

I'd assume john that the developer version would allow the person to use the fw, build styles using the fw and distribute them? If so I think it's a good deal.
Yes, that's what the Developer's license would allow. There will still be my branding that would remain that would have to be displayed on the skin produced, but I will also offer a branding free developer's license as well. Obviously, that would be an additional cost.

Sounds interesting. One of the questions for the personal version would be if the framework could be applied to an existing style so that the style can take advantage of the framework or if the style would need to be recreated entirely within the framework?
Yes, the framework works that way as long as the existing style is assigned as a child style to the framework. All of the visual enhancements are controlled through the framework thus not requiring any edits to be made to the existing style to take advantage of them.

Yes, that's what the Developer's license would allow. There will still be my branding that would remain that would have to be displayed on the skin produced, but I will also offer a branding free developer's license as well. Obviously, that would be an additional cost.
Ah, gotcha' now. If you were going to allow it to be rebranded then $129 would've been way underpriced!

Yes, the framework works that way as long as the existing style is assigned as a child style to the framework. All of the visual enhancements are controlled through the framework thus not requiring any edits to be made to the existing style to take advantage of them.
That's pretty cool! :cool:

Actually, after re-reading my reply I realized that's not entirely correct...there are certain edits that would have to be made to the existing style, but they are all style properties...on/off type things. No core template edits are required but might eventually have to be made to take full advantage of the framework.

Top Bottom