Game Servers [Deleted]

Hello, I purchased the addon yesterday, but I'm experiencing issues with non-Minecraft servers. I added a few to the list (all the servers are hosted on the same serverbox) but some of them can't be queried while others can. Some others show their status intermittently, and others won't show a status at all. I verified if the query ports were correct for these services/games (TS3, Starbound and ARK Evolved) but they just won't show up. How could I fix this?

Hello, I purchased the addon yesterday, but I'm experiencing issues with non-Minecraft servers. I added a few to the list (all the servers are hosted on the same serverbox) but some of them can't be queried while others can. Some others show their status intermittently, and others won't show a status at all. I verified if the query ports were correct for these services/games (TS3, Starbound and ARK Evolved) but they just won't show up. How could I fix this?
Have you checked your php/xenforo error log for any errors?

Which servers are working intermittently and which don't work at all?

No errors were logged by Xenforo, can I enable a debugmode somewhere for your plugin so it writes a log somewhere?
TS3 used to work but at some point stopped. I looked into it, and presumed it might have been blacklisted if it queried too often. I added the ip that queries to the whitelist, and for now it keeps displaying. That might have been the problem for TS.

ARK Evolved (which is an Unreal game but support by the Source protocol) works intermittently, and the starbound server doesn't display at all. For some reason whenever I click "Join" it opens the steam join window and says that the server is not responding. If I join by using the ip it works however.

I added the ip that queries to the whitelist, and for now it keeps displaying. That might have been the problem for TS
Yeah that was what I was thinking too (as per my FAQ).

For some reason whenever I click "Join" it opens the steam join window and says that the server is not responding
Interesting. It is likely that the server is blocking those queries if you can't see the server info from within steam itself. You would have to fix that on the server end.

ARK Evolved (which is an Unreal game but support by the Source protocol) works intermittently,
Is it possible the server is rate limiting you too? If you have access, it may be worth attaching to it via rcon (if possible) and try querying the server multiple times and look for error messages. Speaking of which, you could probably test this without rcon by just experimenting with timing.

Interesting. It is likely that the server is blocking those queries if you can't see the server info from within steam itself. You would have to fix that on the server end.

The weird thing is, that for the ARK Evolved server, it shows up the status and amount of players playing on the website, but when the steam window opens it's suddenly not responding. Since these serverboxes only do gameservers, I set it so all ports are open by default.

Is it possible the server is rate limiting you too?

Both servers have each other whitelisted, so throttling or rate limiting shouldn't take place. I'll test with a few other source games, maybe it's just Starbound that is being difficult.

edit: Seems to be related to something like a firewall. I forgot I installed Centos7 as a test on that machine, which works completely different to Centos6.6. Just did a port scan for some of these ports and they are closed from the outside.

Last edited:
edit: Seems to be related to something like a firewall. I forgot I installed Centos7 as a test on that machine, which works completely different to Centos6.6. Just did a port scan for some of these ports and they are closed from the outside.
Yep, that would do it!

Top Bottom