Game Servers [Deleted]

Yes stays at 0

I changed that line to: xxxx
Ok, as per the workaround in the FAQ, you need to change the query port in the edit page to 0:
In the server options, set the port to the port you use to connect to your server, and set query port to 0.

In the file I was talking about, you should change the xxxx to 10011 as that is your query port.

Once you've done that, it should work.

I will update the FAQ to make it clearer

Edit: By the way, you can use the hostname (ts3.etc.com) in the host field if you'd like. It doesn't need to be an IP address.

Ok, as per the workaround in the FAQ, you need to change the query port in the edit page to 0:

In the file I was talking about, you should change the xxxx to 10011 as that is your query port.

Once you've done that, it should work.

I will update the FAQ to make it clearer

Edit: By the way, you can use the hostname (ts3.etc.com) in the host field if you'd like. It doesn't need to be an IP address.

Still not reporting users on the server. Server query port in the ACP is set to '0'

upload_2013-12-17_22-50-56.webp

If you do this:

Admin Panel --> Tools --> Cron Entries --> click controls next to "Update Game Servers" --> Run

Do you receive any errors?

Got a lot of these in the server error log.

Code:
ErrorException: fwrite(): send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted - library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php:524
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:20 AM

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'fwrite(): send ...', '/home/*******/...', 524, Array)
#1 /home/*********/public_html/library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(524): fwrite(Resource id #111, '???? 0@')
#2 /home/*********/public_html/library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(461): GameQ->requestLinear(Array)
#3 /home/*********/public_html/library/GameServers/CronEntry/Update.php(41): GameQ->requestData()
#4 [internal function]: GameServers_CronEntry_Update::updateServers(Array)
#5 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#6 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#7 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(243): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 9.99999713898, '')
#8 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(369): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.99999713898, '', false)
#9 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(322): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#10 /home/*********/public_html/deferred.php(18): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#11 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "http://gamerexit.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(51) "/threads/jackfrags-with-some-ideas-on-dayz-s-a.983/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Then if I try and run that cron

Code:
fwrite(): send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
fwrite() in GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php at line 524
GameQ->requestLinear() in GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php at line 461
GameQ->requestData() in GameServers/CronEntry/Update.php at line 41
GameServers_CronEntry_Update::updateServers()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 213
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*******/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Code:
ErrorException: fwrite() [<a href='function.fwrite'>function.fwrite</a>]: send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted - library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php:524

I don't think it is my host, either. I opened it up with support and they said it was an issue with the plugin.
Please note that on SiteGround’s servers there are no blocked/disabled PHP functions.
[Support Staff] I tested the connectivity from the server to IP 198.50.201.236 on destination port 25565 and I confirm that the connection is allowed and working properly.

Code:
ErrorException: fwrite() [<a href='function.fwrite'>function.fwrite</a>]: send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted - library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php:524

I don't think it is my host, either. I opened it up with support and they said it was an issue with the plugin.
It's not.

If you open up your minecraft "server.properties" file, what are the following set to:
  • enable-query
  • query.port

It's not.

If you open up your minecraft "server.properties" file, what are the following set to:
  • enable-query
  • query.port
enable-query=true
query.port was set to each of these values: 9003, 25565, 25567, 8557 for testing. I also set the query port option to zero for a test in the server options. All of them gave me the same error.

enable-query=true
query.port was set to each of these values: 9003, 25565, 25567, 8557 for testing. I also set the query port option to zero for a test in the server options. All of them gave me the same error.
Did you reload the minecraft configuration for each test?

Also, what is query.port currently set to?

Yeah, restarted the server each time I changed it.
Currently it is 25566. IP is 198.50.201.236 if you wanna test.
Can you try adding this minecraft server and seeing if it works (use the update servers button):
174.138.166.74:25565

Can you try adding this minecraft server and seeing if it works (use the update servers button):
174.138.166.74:25565
48bc7a46b912a05ce337435f15201707.png

^ also tried with query port set to 25565.
196c0d35e48086e86346a9c400e7c2d5.png

Yeah, both times.
Ok well I think you have two issues. The webserver and the MC server. We'll deal with the webserver first as that is more important.

Given that the test server (174.138.166.74:25565) doesn't work, that suggests it's your web server as that is working for me. You can also try this server: 216.158.77.210:25740

I've attached a ZIP file with a test script. Please upload this to a folder on your webserver. e.g. test, and go to "http://website.com/test/".

Refresh the page at least 2-3 times and let me know the output.

Attachments

Ok well I think you have two issues. The webserver and the MC server. We'll deal with the webserver first as that is more important.

Given that the test server (174.138.166.74:25565) doesn't work, that suggests it's your web server as that is working for me. You can also try this server: 216.158.77.210:25740

I've attached a ZIP file with a test script. Please upload this to a folder on your webserver. e.g. test, and go to "http://website.com/test/".

Refresh the page at least 2-3 times and let me know the output.
Okay, I tried the other server you provided, with the server port set to 25740 + the query port set to 25740, && the server port set to 25740 + the query port set to zero. Got 0/0 players both times.

The script results:
Code:
Array ( [mc] => Array ( [gq_online] => [gq_address] => 174.138.166.74 [gq_port] => 25565 [gq_protocol] => gamespy3 [gq_type] => minecraft [gq_transport] => udp ) )

Okay, I tried the other server you provided, with the server port set to 25740 + the query port set to 25740, && the server port set to 25740 + the query port set to zero. Got 0/0 players both times.

The script results:
Code:
Array ( [mc] => Array ( [gq_online] => [gq_address] => 174.138.166.74 [gq_port] => 25565 [gq_protocol] => gamespy3 [gq_type] => minecraft [gq_transport] => udp ) )
Ok well I'm fairly certain that the web host is the issue then.

You said that your webhost explained that the connection was "allowed". Can you ask them how they confirmed this, and if they could also confirm that UDP traffic (on those ports) is being allowed too?

Top Bottom