Game Forum feedback, please

Lykke

We will be releasing our new xenforo-forum soon, but before we do,we would like some feedback.

Our forum is for gamers in the game Entropia Universe. The Universe contains different planets, with each their 'game play' and owners. We made a skin for each of the planets to choose among. Peter is at this moment importing the trackers too - which is one of our tools. Another is our integrated wiki.

As new planets comes along, new skins will be added. There are a few where the color in the admin bar is not fixed yet - but they will be :)

You can see the forum here: www.entropiaplanets.com/xf

Here are the different skins to choose among:

Planet Calypso Front page:
Forum1.webp

Planet Claypso Forums:
forum2.webp

Planet Arkadia:
Forum3.webp

Planet Cyrene
Forum4.webp

Next Island:
Forum5.webp

ROCKtropia
forum6.webp

Thank you :)

That is very cool. :D I actually like styles that are themed like that, when appropriate.

Only draw back I see is that it takes a while to load with that huge image the first time... and is there a reason you're running it in debug mode? You shouldn't really be doing that on a public forum. ;)

No problem.
For future reference, resource discussions is for styles, etc. you plan to release.
Site critiques go in off topic.

That is very cool. :D I actually like styles that are themed like that, when appropriate.

Only draw back I see is that it takes a while to load with that huge image the first time...

Yes, I know the problem with the pictures - and tried to make them smaller - but they are not quite good yet ;)

No problem.
For future reference, resource discussions is for styles, etc. you plan to release.
Site critiques go in off topic.

But I plan to release it ... this weekend ;) Or do you mean release for other's to grab the styles? Sorry. Still a noob here.

No problem and glad to see you're finally ready to switch.

It's looking good.
The idea of having different backgrounds for different member types is a nice one.

and is there a reason you're running it in debug mode? You shouldn't really be doing that on a public forum. ;)

It's not public yet :D I used the forum back when I was working on my social block add-on. I just never reverted the debug mode setting.

No problem and glad to see you're finally ready to switch.

It's looking good.
The idea of having different backgrounds for different member types is a nice one.

Thanks, Paul. It's an idea we got very recently. It's actually more like providing a theme for racing teams, as every planet in the game we play has its unique identity and its own playerbase. So we attempted to recreate part of those identities and allow for people to root for their favorite planet that way. I have a bit of work left to do, still, but yes, we're defintily getting closer.

We'll have to shut down a few of our current features, but that ought to be temporarily, while we await the arcade and gallery being developed for XF. We might also look into getting some RPG running in due time, if nobody else will release one first :)

Top Bottom