1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery Options

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by JeffTN, Jun 12, 2012.

1. JeffTN

JeffTN Member

Hi all,
    New xenForo user here. Just got it up and running a couple of days ago. The site I'm working on is a outdoor hiking/backpacking/camping community. Due to the nature of the site, it is going to be very picture heavy.

I did not do sufficient research to learn that there doesn't seem to be a good robust gallery solution available for xenForo yet.

Right now I have "User Albums" installed. While it is functional, I'd rather have something a bit more robust since I anticipiate eventually having a lot of pictures.

I was thinking about perhaps a third party Gallery (like "Gallery" or Coppermine), but it isn't a great solution unless I can somehow integrate at least authentication with xenForo.

Has anyone else came up with a good solution?

Thanks!

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

3. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

I doubt there will be any good gallery solution anytime soon here for xenforo . I gave up on waiting now.

aculate and Paul like this.
  4. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it at all. Although my soon is by the end of the year.

5. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

It's too long.
    I need it very soon. Can it be sooner? I like your Addon.

6. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

If it could be sooner it would be however I have way too much work needed to get done or I go broke and all my add-ons disappear. The earliest I can start working on my add-ons full on again is in about 3/4 months. Once that starts they will all get major upgrades and you will see about 3-4 new, unannounced add-ons emerge as well.

I wish I had time to do it right now, I enjoy making them, but it simply doesn't cover my living expenses :/

Dinh Thanh likes this.
  7. Dinh Thanh

But can you add paging feature for your Simple Gallery now? It's a very important feature for us.

8. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

As in a paginator? I was meant to get it done last night. Now it is set for tonight or tomorrow. Pagination and a bug fix is all I think will be in it.

9. Dinh Thanh

Thanks
    I will wait.

10. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Yes that's what i am talking about . Half of my traffic goes into facebook page just cause i don't have gallery on site . This is seriously forcing members to engage /comment /discuss on my facebook page as well . Let's see will wait a while if not i guess will have to look into other options as well .

11. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

12. Dinh Thanh

Do we have update version today, Robbo?

13. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

There is/was supposed to be a fully featured gallery released called Galeria...
    The developer merged with others and can now be found on xenfluence.com.

Some add-ons have been released by xenfluence, still waiting on the gallery however...

14. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Yes there is no official announcement yet on Galleria & what's going on with development much but they did answered few questions .

Click here

15. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Galleria was announced in December 2010. No alpha yet.

16. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

They are actively working on it as i heard also they were doing complete re-write as i heard not sure . I wouldn't expect anything for atleast another 2-3months not even any sort of news or update about any of their Add-on's .

So only option right now for xenforo /admins here is "User Album" which can be compared to gallery .

17. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of re-doing the mockups for both Galleria and XI Blog (For 1.0-1.1) so that the designs are consistent across all of their add-ons.

iTuN3r likes this.
  18. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

This Galleria saga is like a bad reoccuring dream. I have a gut feeling that in 2-3 months I'll be reading the same insights from you.

19. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Well we don't have another choice either ! All we can do is Hope there will be something . Oh well let's see .

20. Dinh Thanh

Still not see the update. Could it be done today?
    Thanks.