Gallery Options

JeffTN

Hi all,
New xenForo user here. Just got it up and running a couple of days ago. The site I'm working on is a outdoor hiking/backpacking/camping community. Due to the nature of the site, it is going to be very picture heavy.

I did not do sufficient research to learn that there doesn't seem to be a good robust gallery solution available for xenForo yet.

Right now I have "User Albums" installed. While it is functional, I'd rather have something a bit more robust since I anticipiate eventually having a lot of pictures.

I was thinking about perhaps a third party Gallery (like "Gallery" or Coppermine), but it isn't a great solution unless I can somehow integrate at least authentication with xenForo.

Has anyone else came up with a good solution?

Thanks!

If it could be sooner it would be however I have way too much work needed to get done or I go broke and all my add-ons disappear. The earliest I can start working on my add-ons full on again is in about 3/4 months. Once that starts they will all get major upgrades and you will see about 3-4 new, unannounced add-ons emerge as well.

I wish I had time to do it right now, I enjoy making them, but it simply doesn't cover my living expenses :/

If it could be sooner it would be however I have way too much work needed to get done or I go broke and all my add-ons disappear. The earliest I can start working on my add-ons full on again is in about 3/4 months. Once that starts they will all get major upgrades and you will see about 3-4 new, unannounced add-ons emerge as well.

I wish I had time to do it right now, I enjoy making them, but it simply doesn't cover my living expenses :/

But can you add paging feature for your Simple Gallery now? It's a very important feature for us.

As in a paginator? I was meant to get it done last night. Now it is set for tonight or tomorrow. Pagination and a bug fix is all I think will be in it.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. Although my soon is by the end of the year.

Yes that's what i am talking about . Half of my traffic goes into facebook page just cause i don't have gallery on site . This is seriously forcing members to engage /comment /discuss on my facebook page as well . Let's see will wait a while if not i guess will have to look into other options as well .

There is/was supposed to be a fully featured gallery released called Galeria...
The developer merged with others and can now be found on xenfluence.com.

Some add-ons have been released by xenfluence, still waiting on the gallery however...

Galleria was announced in December 2010. No alpha yet.

They are actively working on it as i heard also they were doing complete re-write as i heard not sure . I wouldn't expect anything for atleast another 2-3months not even any sort of news or update about any of their Add-on's .

So only option right now for xenforo /admins here is "User Album" which can be compared to gallery .

There is/was supposed to be a fully featured gallery released called Galeria...
The developer merged with others and can now be found on xenfluence.com.

Some add-ons have been released by xenfluence, still waiting on the gallery however...
I'm in the process of re-doing the mockups for both Galleria and XI Blog (For 1.0-1.1) so that the designs are consistent across all of their add-ons.

I wouldn't expect anything for atleast another 2-3months not even any sort of news or update about any of their Add-on's .
This Galleria saga is like a bad reoccuring dream. I have a gut feeling that in 2-3 months I'll be reading the same insights from you.

This Galleria saga is like a bad reoccuring dream. I have a gut feeling that in 2-3 months I'll be reading the same insights from you.

Well we don't have another choice either ! All we can do is Hope there will be something . Oh well let's see .

As in a paginator? I was meant to get it done last night. Now it is set for tonight or tomorrow. Pagination and a bug fix is all I think will be in it.

Still not see the update. Could it be done today?
Thanks.

Top Bottom