Full Preview of Theme for XenForo

holder10

Hi,

I already teased it a bit, but I now wanted to share a full screenshot of my first XenForo theme with you. My main goal with the theme was to be both clear and clean, as the default theme is. But at the same time, I wanted to be more simple, offer more contrast and tried to get away from the standard blue color that's used in XenForo. I think I achieved all that quite well.

XenYelight.webp

Browser-Preview
http://go.prevue.it/public/u78u/(Please keep in mind that this version is far away from being coded - it's more like a mockup that will end up being coded after XenForo is released.)

Obviously, if you have any feedback, any suggestion, I would be uber-happy to hear them. After all, I'm creating this theme for you guys. Currently, I am planning to sell the theme (see the link in my signature) for about 50$ - the exact price will depend on XenForo itself. What do you think about that?

As much isn't known about the styling system yet, it's possible that some of the shown things aren't going to be implemented. Plus, this is still in very early stages, so a few things will probably change till the final version anyway.

I'll keep you updated as I make more progress with the theme. :)

Cheers,
holder10

PS: I think the full screenshot fits better here, so I created a new thread. I'll ask a mod to close the other thread.

PPS: The theme currently uses icons from “Project Icons” by Mihaiciuc Bogdan.

I like it! LOVE the orange. My only issue is that the background looks more pink than peach. But that could be because it's a screenshot and not
the actual forum.

Looks good! I think the forum listings could use a little more color/contrast. Right now they're a bit washed out.

I like the header - very crisp :cool:

$50 for a premade skin, that's pretty steep

looks like you put some honest time putting it together in css, obviously without changing templates. It's not really my style, but I think a lot of people will like it.

I don't think I would pay money for this ; sorry.

Very Very nice first style... it is good to see that people are thinking of this from such a great angle so far...

Question is this just a proof of concept or are you actually working with the HTML via say firebug etc??? Just curious...

Hi,

as I said, the version is "far away from being coded". We don't have much information on the theming system yet - so it's possible that some of the shown things aren't going to be implemented exactly as they are shown. But I am pretty confident that something like this is possible with XenForo. So no, it isn't done yet in CSS-only / Firebug either.

What would you make pay money for a theme then? How much would you pay at max? Thanks a lot! :)

Cheers,
holder10

I sure like it much! For my understanding... this is just a graphical mockup is it? Since you don't the XenForo code yet, or how did you create this?

I believe based on the above post it is indeed... I was under the misconception this was done using something like firebug editing the current CSS and HTML mark-up to get this style... I agree it is very nice and different enough from the default style to be good but I expect better to be released :D

I sure like it much! For my understanding... this is just a graphical mockup is it? Since you don't the XenForo code yet, or how did you create this?

Yes, the thread starter has not customized any XF template or css or stylevar in the back end, it's all just front-end mockup concept "this is what i want" example.

looks like you put some honest time putting it together in css, obviously without changing templates. It's not really my style, but I think a lot of people will like it.

It's more of a proof of concept [for me really] showing how we can change parts of the website around pretty easily instead of just changing the color of the website and leaving the layout the same :)

My only issue is that the background looks more pink than peach. But that could be because it's a screenshot and not the actual forum.
Now that you are saying it… i'll play around with it a bit more, thanks!

Missing some rounded corners but other than that nice :)
Yeah, I'm normally a "rounded corner guy" as well. I just wanted to go in a bit different, "not so rounded" direction with this one. Next one will have rounded corners though, I promise! ;)

I think the forum listings could use a little more color/contrast. Right now they're a bit washed out.
Thanks, I'll have a look at this.

Cheers,
holder10

It's more of a proof of concept [for me really] showing how we can change parts of the website around pretty easily instead of just changing the color of the website and leaving the layout the same :)

CSS has always allowed this, hence why I've tried so hard for them to respect semantic html and go with xhtml1.1 or html5 and css2/3 for version 4 of vB. but oh well ;)

Thank Kier/Mike for XenForo! :)

And the people that decided on cascading style sheets

Yes, the thread starter has not customized any XF template or css or stylevar in the back end, it's all just front-end mockup concept "this is what i want" example.

I wouldn't exactly call it front-end and back-end. It's a real theme (for the front-end of XenForo) that will be released and will look pretty much like this. It can not be coded yet, but it will be as soon as possible. Just so that no one is confused. :)

Yes, we'll be trying hard to use as much CSS and as less template edits as possible, obviously!

Cheers,
the thread starter

Top Bottom