XF 1.4 Full friendly URLs - how to...

Sunka

Hi,
I ask my hoster to install mod_rewrite on server because I am going to enable full friendly urls on my forum.
I read all I have found here about that, but I have to confirm some things.

My forum is in root, and my server software is Apache. I looked and there is .htaccess and htaccess.txt file in root. They are indentical.

My previous forum was vBulletin. When I switched to Xenforo, I use this mod for redirection https://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.120/

• After my hosting install mod_rewrite, next step is to setup default xenforo .htaccess file in root, so I have to change only this part #RewriteBase /xenforo and change it to RewriteBase /
    And then enable option in ACP Use Full Friendly URLs
    Is that all?

• Should I do something about old urls from vbulletin (they are redirected very well because using mod I mention before), or to leave that as it is?

• What about this option Include Content Title in URLs? Is it better to select it or not. I see that here is not checked.

• What about option Romanize Titles in URLs? My forum is on Croatian language, so we have some letters in titles (č, ć, ž, š, đ). Will that options convert titles in urls correctly or there will be problem?

• Couse I will change .htaccess file, is there in update zip file of Xenforo default .htaccess file so before upgrading xenforo I should delete default .htaccess file or that file is only in full installation zip file?

• And last question... is there go back solution or when you enable full friendly url you can not go back to classic url.

Here is my .htaccess file:

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Thanks for answering Brogan, but can you elaborate this three questions little more. :)

After my hosting install mod_rewrite, next step is to setup default xenforo .htaccess file in root, so I have to change only this part #RewriteBase /xenforo and change it to RewriteBase /
And then enable option in ACP Use Full Friendly URLs
Is that all?

What about option Romanize Titles in URLs? My forum is on Croatian language, so we have some letters in titles (č, ć, ž, š, đ). Will that options convert titles in urls correctly or there will be problem?

Couse I will change .htaccess file, is there in update zip file of Xenforo default .htaccess file so before upgrading xenforo I should delete default .htaccess file or that file is only in full installation zip file?

If friendly URLs are enabled and you can browse around the forum, then you're set.

Romanization is really your choice. You need to enable it and see if you prefer the URLs with it enabled.

The upgrade package does not include the .htaccess file, so you can customize yours if needed.

Top Bottom