Selection list with items selected

friend-inviter-selection.webp

Manual Email

friend-inviter-email.webp

Invite email

friend-inviter-email-invite.webp

Hi.

I have purchased the addon and i like it :) but i have some problems :(

1. I cant find the link to the inviter in the menu! Is there a link?? if not, how did i add one
2. html dont work when i invite til facebook. See images..
3. When there is new updates for the plugin will they be emailed to me or how dit that work??

My site is: http://it-debat.org

34q4fpe.png

1. No, there isn't a link. But I can add one. Where do you guys think the link should be?

2. Oops. That's an issue. I can't make Facebook allow HTML, therefore I will need to have two versions of the invite text. One that supports HTML (e-mail) and one that doesn't (Facebook).

3. Yes, new updates will be sent by e-mail. You'll get an alert here (if you've reviewed or Watch this Resource) you'll get an alert/e-mail from here with details of the update then shortly after you'll receive a new e-mail from FetchApp reminding you of the download link. The download link you have will always download the most recent version. You may want to keep the original e-mail - FetchApp is great but sometimes it takes its time sending the update e-mails out. If you keep the original e-mail, the link in it will also download the newest version automatically.

EDIT: I think in your PM you asked me about the Facebook image? It's the default og logo by XenForo. You can change it at styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png.

EDIT 2: I'm wrong. You can choose the path of your Facebook image in the Admin CP > Options > Friend Inviter

I'm including Nav Tab link as an option - some people may want it prominent. It will be off by default but can be enabled in the Admin CP options.

Will add those links, no problem.

EDIT: Another good way to display the link, of course, is to use the Notifications add-on ;)

For the records' sake, registration rate jumped by about 30% on Day 1 of launching this. (y). Please note that the system sends out site link (not the registration link) to friends.
wouldnt that be due to people from here having to register in order to see how it worked as no screenshots were shown at that stage. So basically the only way to see what it looked like, what it did was to join your forum...

wouldnt that be due to people from here having to register in order to see how it worked as no screenshots were shown at that stage. So basically the only way to see what it looked like, what it did was to join your forum...
Skeptics everywhere! The number of people who join 'just to see' is going to be a 'fraction' of the total number of registrations we get every day. Anyway, the system works for me. I hope it works for you too.

Hi Chris,

Any chance to add an option to PM the invite on facebook like most app invite friends do rather then posting to the wall? Any plans to send info to open graph to show how many of the daily registers using facebook connect joined from clicking the invite link?

My cousin invited over 20 people through facebook. Now she can no longer log onto facebook. she says facebook says her account is unavailable. I checked and saw that her profile was still up. So what happened?

No idea. She'd have to contact Facebook for details.

TheBigK has done some testing and this hasn't cropped up so far so it may be unrelated.

My cousin invited over 20 people through facebook. Now she can no longer log onto facebook. she says facebook says her account is unavailable. I checked and saw that her profile was still up. So what happened?

If more then 3 people report the same wall post with-in a 24 hour period, Facebook considers it spam. Time periods for account limiting is based on how many offenses you have in the past. This is why most games send friend invites as a PM and I already asked Chris in this thread to consider that option too.

If more then 3 people report the same wall post with-in a 24 hour period, Facebook considers it spam. Time periods for account limiting is based on how many offenses you have in the past. This is why most games send friend invites as a PM and I already asked Chris in this thread to consider that option too.
And I am considering it, by the way. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Hi Chris,

Purchased, but I received this error after payment and no e-mail with direct link yet either

Sorry, we couldn't find the order you searched for. Please verify the order number and email are correct. If you just placed the order, please check back in a few minutes or look in your inbox for an email containing a direct link.
Order Number

Ohhh errr, maybe I shouldn't send 500 out at once even though I know everyone on the list, I might get a year long ban :eek:

Top Bottom