Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Hi Chris,

Purchased, but I received this error after payment and no e-mail with direct link yet either

Sorry, we couldn't find the order you searched for. Please verify the order number and email are correct. If you just placed the order, please check back in a few minutes or look in your inbox for an email containing a direct link.
Order Number
We've had this before.

You need to change the e-mail address that is associated to your PayPal account.

The e-mail address associated with your PayPal account is the address where the e-mail is sent. I'll change it to the same address you gave me the last time this happened and forward the e-mail to you.

We've had this before.

You need to change the e-mail address that is associated to your PayPal account.

The e-mail address associated with your PayPal account is the address where the e-mail is sent. I'll change it to the same address you gave me the last time this happened and forward the e-mail to you.

Yeah I tried changing it already in the past and it messed up automatic payments in WHMCS. Anywho, got your file forward :) thanks!

Yeah I tried changing it already in the past and it messed up automatic payments in WHMCS. Anywho, got your file forward :) thanks!
You should create the paypal@ address and have it forward to your main account ;)

No problem, thanks for your support.

Well as some might know... I been building a application like the vB facebook app for xF. Runs 100% inside of Facebook. Anyway, This looks so great I just had to share. Here is the friend inviter inside of Facebook on my site. I must say, I like this far more then using the one you can though facebook for free using the API. Chris's looks far more cleaner! The only drawback I have seen so far is if you have a lot of friends, first time loading takes some times. I have about 1,500 friends and it took over 3 minutes to load. After 1st time, it is instant though.

699073.webp

Sorry mate,

I'm in the process of moving to a different host (when I get time to finish!)

You can access the buy link here: http://50.115.167.160/

Well as some might know... I been building a application like the vB facebook app for xF. Runs 100% inside of Facebook. Anyway, This looks so great I just had to share. Here is the friend inviter inside of Facebook on my site. I must say, I like this far more then using the one you can though facebook for free using the API. Chris's looks far more cleaner! The only drawback I have seen so far is if you have a lot of friends, first time loading takes some times. I have about 1,500 friends and it took over 3 minutes to load. After 1st time, it is instant though.

View attachment 33700
That looks ****ing awesome, by the way.

No I've only installed it on one so far. I want to try and configure it first and test everything is working ok etc.

Chris - I just realised why you asked me how many forums I installed it on. I didn't realise it was a single license. If you pm me, I can send you the 3 forums I was referring to for your reference. It's only live on one forum just now. Once I have got it working and tested it on my main forum I will activate it on the other forums. At which point I will purchase two additional licenses. Sorry for any confusion. :)

I've just did some testing with the script. Overall I'm impressed with what it can do. Email, Facebook and Google invites are all working correctly. It didn't take long to setup either.

Some things I noticed:

• I thought that Facebook would have generated a private message. Instead, it posts on the friends wall. This is good as it shows the forum on everyones news feed, however I would prefer it if there was an option to send an invite privately too. It isn't obvious beforehand that the invite will not be private and will be posted publicly. Perhaps a warning/message about this would be useful i.e. a small message saying your invite will be posted to your friends wall.
  • Does the add on track referrals in any way. Ideally, I'd love to see a basic referral system built in. If a tracker was added to every outgoing link, we could track the clicks/traffic provided by each member and list the members they have referred. This would really allow us to explode our forums as we could create referral competitions and reward the ones with the most referrals.

If there was only away to allow people to invite their Facebook friends, without the Facebook registration (people joining using Facebook). o_O

Oh I see, sorry. I'm being dumb today.

Is there a problem with people registering with Facebook? I find it an incredibly useful service to have it integrated.

My issue is integration not giving them a password. If they deactivate their fb....

Oh I see, sorry. I'm being dumb today.

Is there a problem with people registering with Facebook? I find it an incredibly useful service to have it integrated.
The idea of not further encouraging people with Facebook and it's "convinces", but inviting people from Facebook to your site (stealing members from Facebook) ...... Seems more appealing

Any news on getting an option to send a private message instead of a public wall post Chris?
Not yet, but I am working on an update.

Here's the changelog (so far):

• You can now specify separate Facebook App credentials to keep seperate from your Login app or not require the use of the Login with Facebook feature.
  • There is now an option to not fetch Google contact images. This drastically improves performance.
  • Resolves a potential clash with other add-ons.
  • The add-on now removes the xf_friend_inviter table when uninstalled.

Top Bottom