XF 1.4 Freezing and long load times in chrome

daviden

Hi,

Got some reports from members using chrome, both on mobile (android and iPhone) and desktop, about the site being terrible slow and sometimes the tab freezes. Also slow text input when typing, takes a while before the typed text shows up.

The site is lightning fast on Safari (and other browsers, from what i understand).
Worked perfect on chrome before too, this problem apparently showed up a couple of days ago.

Running 1.4.8 on a pretty beefed up VPS. As I wrote, lightning fast in other browsers.

Any ideas what can cause this?

What changed a couple of days ago?
Either on the forum or the server.
Only thing I can think of was that I added a notice to be shown for everybody. That one is disabled since yesterday (the whole notice system too), still having a problem. Other than that, nothing at all.
The second thing that comes to mind is that chrome was updated on the 22nd.

I've just spent five minutes clicking around your site using Chrome and it's really fast with no lag or slowdown.

It could be related to being logged in so you could get those affected members to log out and try again.

If the issue stops then you may want to look at your installed add-ons to see if any of those are responsible.

I've just spent five minutes clicking around your site using Chrome and it's really fast with no lag or slowdown.

It could be related to being logged in so you could get those affected members to log out and try again.

If the issue stops then you may want to look at your installed add-ons to see if any of those are responsible.
Thanks! I will ask them to do that and report.

Top Bottom