[FreddysHouse] Two-factor Authentication

[FreddysHouse] Two-factor Authentication 1.3.3

No permission to download
@SheepCow awesome except for the fact that "Ignore trusted computers for Admin CP logins" doesn't work.
And on the subject of ACP, maybe redo it to match the alignment of the normal login:
issu.webp
Same small issue in ACP in 1.4.5. Someone know how to align that button?
everything is working perfect, just this small issue pending.
Thank you! great job! :coffee:

Hey,

This works perfectly for me, nice addon.

Where can I go to disable 2FA from FTP? My mobile is in for repair and I cannot access my sites admin panel. I need a solution asap!

Thanks.

@SheepCow

Last edited:
another possible two method authentification is that the user can verify with sms or email it is possible this feature for next version?

Great plugin. I use it and my users love it because they feel their accounts are now safer than before. One thing I noticed though.. saving a "Trusted Device" for 7 days doesn't work. I am still being asked for my Google Auth code every 24 hours even though I ticked the box. I also use your logs and can see that I have my PC set as a trusted device.

Screenshot_19-21-21.png

Since XF 1.5 isn't going to allow globally disabling the core 2FA and we use FH 2FA for Yubikey support, I wonder what will happen if we try to run them both side by side?

Or, will SheepCow consider creating a Yubikey addon for XF 1.5 core 2FA?

My problem is that I've convinced many of my users to use Yubikeys...

Since XF 1.5 isn't going to allow globally disabling the core 2FA and we use FH 2FA for Yubikey support, I wonder what will happen if we try to run them both side by side?

I'm going to try running them both one my test setup (in the next days), because I also use Yubikeys.
I haven't seen SheepCow in a while here...
I keep you updated here.

I believe @Alfa1 had plans to make an add-on to use Yubikeys with the core 2FA system.

From the HYS
The two-step verification "provider" system can be extended by third-party developers to add different methods (for example, YubiKey support, phone/text-based verification, etc).
So I imagine the system can easily be extended.

I think you are mistaken. @Robust mentioned that he might do so if it's not implemented in the core and if the system can easily be extended.

Oops :oops: That's right
Here is the thread
Add Yubikey to XF 1.5 two-step verification

From the HYS

So I imagine the system can easily be extended.

Yes, it can be extended.
I'll work on it as an add-on extensive to the system (there is a note on the thread saying developers can extend the system) if not implemented into the core.

Good news @melbo
Just done some testing and there are no problems running this add-on and XF 1.5 core 2FA in parallel.

I enabled both on the same account (so you actually have Three-factor Authentication) :cool: and it works perfect for Yubikeys and Google Authenticator.

Top Bottom