1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Forum Watch

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by NeilEccles, Aug 4, 2013.

1. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Hi there,

I have just upgraded a test installation to 1.2 to play around (Brogan's advice of course) and notice that in the v1.2 of Forum Watch, there seem to be fewer facilities than the add on [bd] Forum Watch for 1.15

In particular, you don't seem to be able to set email alerts for new threads and new posts, just new threads.

Am I missing something here?

Any help would be most gratefully received

Kindest

Neil

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

3. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Thanks Chris, I have found that, but if you notice the top choices are radio buttons - either threads OR posts, there is no option for both.

Kindest
    Neil

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

New messages includes new threads by definition.

Pereira and Chris D like this.
  5. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Hi Mike - thanks - clearly your definition but thats fine. Thanks!

Kindest

Neil

6. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Mike, sorry to trouble,

When I upgrade my main board, will it inherit all those Watched forum permissions from 1.15 or will I have to re-do them?

Thanks in anticipation

Kindest

Neil

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's very important:

You must read this guide: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-upgrade-to-1-2-0.56027/

Note specifically the points on Forum Watch.

It has to be completely removed or the upgrade will completely fail and cause a bit of a mess. The add-on version and the official version of Forum Watch are not compatible with each other.

8. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Thanks very much indeed Chris. I am most grateful

Kindest

Neil