Resource icon

Forum Runner iOS/Android XenForo App! 1.1.3

No permission to download

ClemsonJeeper

ClemsonJeeper submitted a new resource:

Forum Runner iOS/Android XenForo App! (version 1.1.2) - Browse XenForo forums on your mobile device!

Introducing Forum Runner for the iPhone/iPad/Android!

What is Forum Runner?

Forum Runner is an Android/iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App that allows you to browse XenForo forums using a native client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum...

Read more about this resource...

Ok, now I am completely confused....
Wasn't FR purchased by IB? Aren't they trying to shut downXF?
Why two urls.....?
.net
and
.com

just installed...works great! I like this a LOT better than tapatalk!
Lots easier to install and the push notifications are great! Thanks!

Decent mod, I tried it a while ago, had some small issues but I was keen to try it again and maybe look at the branding option. But I see its $599 now, still much cheaper then TT I guess.

Ill give the free version another shot and see about branding

Does this handle 'likes', 'conversations', etc? What dxoes this do that tapatalk does not and vice versa?

Are you going to automatically update branded versions? Do I need to update my branded version with this add on update in xenforo?

BIG Bug?
Try registering as a new user to your forum and go to view the Forum Rules.
They're the (older) default XenForo standard version and do not adhere to the phrase: terms_rules_text

Edit:
Tested on iPad (third gen)
App version: 1.4.0
Plugin version: 1.1.2

Is this usual for a CPU load?
Report back from my host...

...please find below the top processes list on your VPS for the last two days:

Top Processes: 07-18-2012
User | Domain | % CPU Process

site | site.com | 29.0 [php]
site | site.com | 23.0 /usr/bin/php /home/site/public_html/community/forumrunner/request.php

Top Processes: 07-17-2012
User | Domain | % CPU Process

site | site.com | 22.0 /usr/bin/php /home/site/public_html/community/index.php
site | site.com | 19.0 /usr/bin/php /home/site/public_html/community/index.php

EDITed (properly):
Whoops let me try that again ^ :oops:

We simply call the XenForo backend with our add-on, so if the site normally generates loads like that (IE: searching, CPU intensive activities), then yes you will see the same load if you make the same query from the app.

I'm getting this error every 10 minutes:
Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'token' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, 7 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /var/www/html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('??    SELECT us...')
#1 /var/www/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '??    SELECT us...')
#2 /var/www/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('??    SELECT us...')
#3 /var/www/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('??    SELECT us...', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/library/ForumRunner/CronEntry/Push.php(46): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('??    SELECT us...')
#5 [internal function]: ForumRunner_CronEntry_Push::doPush(Array)
#6 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#7 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(29): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#8 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Cron.php(64): XenForo_Cron->run()
#9 /var/www/html/cron.php(12): XenForo_Cron::runAndOutput()
#10 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://boards.theforce.net/cron.php?1347027558"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    [1347027558] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Running ForumRunner 1.1.3 on Xenforo 1.1.3.

Looks like for some reason your database didn't get upgraded.

This should have happened when you upgraded to 1.1.3:

Code:
     ALTER TABLE xf_forumrunner_push_users
                    ADD token TINYTEXT

You can run that manually for your database and should be fine.

Hi there, just installed, and bought the app (btw, I can't find the read only free version on google play?) and started testing.

As far as I can see Forum Runner is in english only? If this is the case, the number one feature request would be support for french and italian (for me) and of course other major languages. Until then I'll leave it on, but without the prompt.

Aside from this issue, 'Actions' in Profile doesn't work for me (n)

Top Bottom