Forum integration V3.0!?

keenants

This is more of my fantasy, if you are not in to fantasy feel free to skip this.

I always had this in my mind even before reddit became a phenomenon. What would happen if all the popular forums are combined in to one? like a social network without changing the way of how they work. If forums are integrated, we would have so much of user generated content and lot of knowledge sharing happening. We would be a tough competitor for the current social networking sites as well! Considering lot of customization and filtration are done before combining them to a single network.... I know people prefer forums the way they are but i am just curious in knowing what others think regarding this.

This is theoretically possible already... Its called DISQUS.

If every forum just used DISQUS as their back end, then literally every forum would be integrated.

Forums are communities, like small towns of the Internet. Sure some are small cities even but to force everyone to live in one giant metropolis just to rival Facebook is a terrible idea... Mostly because the entire reason I and others prefer forums is that they are not big giants like Facebook in the first place.

Forums are communities, like small towns of the Internet. Sure some are small cities even but to force everyone to live in one giant metropolis just to rival Facebook is a terrible idea... Mostly because the entire reason I and others prefer forums is that they are not big giants like Facebook in the first place.

Haha you nailed it right Joe.

There are some gamer communities that act as provider for YouTube channels. They market content for you through their platform. The idea is brilliant.

Top Bottom