1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Design

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Andrew B., Aug 12, 2010.

1. Andrew B.

Andrew B. Member

1. Been looking more closely at your clean design and I'm more impressed than before. Who came up with the layout and colors?

2. Your forum looks next-generation but your sticky pin and lock look old school.
    People stick a message because it's important. Maybe use an explanation point instead of a pin? Locked messages are actually read only. Maybe use an r/o instead of a lock?

2. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

For #2, it's just the Fugue icon set. Of course, you can use whatever icon set you want on YOUR board. But the Fugue icon set works just fine as a default, and I imagine it will be very easy to change any and all images to better fit your tastes.

3. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

The fugue icons are in place until we get custom replacements. They are not ideal, I know.

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I actually like the Fugue icons. They look modern and clean to me. :)

Brian Griffin and krstep like this.
  5. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook Active Member

I like them too. I actually use them in a lot of projects. :)

krstep likes this.
  6. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

See, we can't agree on much....cept this software is cool. :D

7. iGamer

iGamer Active Member

LOL, this software is beyond cool. It's the answer to many of our prayers for a forum app. :)

Peggy likes this.
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I like them too I have to admit. But I design my own icons granted they aren't as nice as the fugue icons but something unique is what I prefer.

9. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I think they look quite nice, actually. I know I'll be using them on my board.

10. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

11. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

I'll see about creating some custom ones for you guys to use as a basis to make your own. Save you all sometime. I don't like the pin nor the lock, maybe something else instead of a lock or r/o would be best. I'll throw something together tonight and show previews to see what the developers think and then just a matter of forwarding the psd's over.

12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

13. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

14. Andrew B.

Andrew B. Member

So nobody is going to admit to designing this theme? I think it should win an award.

15. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Well, it's got to be either Kier or Mike, me thinks.

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Who do you think designed it? :p

17. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

This is Kier's design, afaik.

18. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes, it's my design. With input from Mike, of course.

Abomination likes this.
  19. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Im pretty sure Boxy had a say in it also.