Forum conversion

Dismal Shadow

Hey y'all, I gotta admit I am impressed with the forum script, maybe ever better than another other paid solution. I do however have a question in case xenforo is released...will there be a forum conversion for xenforo?

In short, YES. My understanding they will provide vBulletin to XenForo impex first right after xF's first release. Not sure when there will be a conversion script for other forum platforms.

You can buy a used vB license for cheap if you look around or someone can lend you his/her license for a short while. I know there are nulled vB versions lurking in the dark underworld of internet. You can make your own choices. :)

I think the success of XenForo will be determined by their pricing and how good their importers are due to how established forums are. The priority is understandably vBulletin and IPB, but I hope they don't leave out Simple Machine Forums, myBB and phpBB.

Many admins running free forum software are only doing so because the benefit of moving to a paid solution isn't huge. XenForo changes that and I can see a lot of people running free software making the switch, provided there is a good converter with proper 301 redirection.

I've been spending more time here lurking that I'd like to admit and that shows how great the forum software is. Will be keeping an eye on this for sure!

Top Bottom