Forum Ban? Thread Ban?

Mutt

Has anyone made a forum ban? On VB I had an addon that allowed you to kick someone out of a specific forum without banning them from the entire site. I've looked and I'm not seeing it but I thought I'd asked in case I'm just searching the wrong keywords. essentially I need a mod to be able to remove a users permission to view a node. (forum ban)

while I'm at it, how about Thread Ban? only thing I've found even close is Topic Starters Rights and it's not doing what I'm looking for. i'd like a mod to be able to kick a person out of a specific thread. maybe even the thread starter.

alternately I made a VB an addon I called Douche Protection that allowed the thread starter to enable it when creating a thread and anyone on their ignore list would be blocked from replying to the thread.

thanks

Has anyone made a forum ban? On VB I had an addon that allowed you to kick someone out of a specific forum without banning them from the entire site. I've looked and I'm not seeing it but I thought I'd asked in case I'm just searching the wrong keywords. essentially I need a mod to be able to remove a users permission to view a node. (forum ban)

while I'm at it, how about Thread Ban? only thing I've found even close is Topic Starters Rights and it's not doing what I'm looking for. i'd like a mod to be able to kick a person out of a specific thread. maybe even the thread starter.

alternately I made a VB an addon I called Douche Protection that allowed the thread starter to enable it when creating a thread and anyone on their ignore list would be blocked from replying to the thread.

thanks
A forum or topic ban would be very nice!

I have coded a Forum Ban mod. You can see it at my forum.

http://www.forumservices.eu/xen/thr...ntering-forums-on-a-forum-per-forum-basis.50/

Mutt: not sure. It's more of a pattern by very specific Addon makers than a general trend. I think the failings of vBorg and xF addons stems from the flawed method of compensation for supporting Addons.

Mutt: not sure. It's more of a pattern by very specific Addon makers than a general trend. I think the failings of vBorg and xF addons stems from the flawed method of compensation for supporting Addons.

yeah, back when I was still using UBB, VB gave me a free license for permission to use my private messages & BBCode Buttons / click to insert smilie code addon concepts but by the time I went to switch to VB, it had expired and nobody knew what I was talking about.

This would be extremely useful if someone can make one, or knows of one already made. Politics is a niche where adults can whine like kids about their lives and their government. I frequently have to separate my users out of arguments and confrontations. Most of the time it's not big enough to merit a ban, and it's a common place, so a warning isn't really merited either. Stopping them from going in the thread would be huge. That's just me though. There's a ton of different uses for this sort of add on.

I'll have a go at making this, no promises though (Not much time atm). I'll try and do a forum/thread ban in one addon.

Just a thought:
  • Would it ban their ip from viewing the thread too, so if they logged out - they still couldn't view the thread.

I'll have a go at making this, no promises though (Not much time atm). I'll try and do a forum/thread ban in one addon.

Just a thought:
  • Would it ban their ip from viewing the thread too, so if they logged out - they still couldn't view the thread.

ideally it would be more centred around post permissions rather than view permissions.

Forum ban is core

/admin.php?node-permissions/1/

in the top right type a username and click set permissions

Example:
/admin.php?node-permissions/1/user&user_id=1

revoke view node & any other options you desire such as post thread, reply, etc & save

Just a thought:
not ip, just xen permissions. sure they could logout & read the forum or login w/ another account but they can do all that now. thank you

Forum ban is core

Example:

revoke view node & any other options you desire such as post thread, reply, etc & save

THANK YOU

and you know what's funny, I think someone pointed that out to me before. totally forgot. this is great & will fulfill my need.

Forum ban is core

Example:

I made a small template edit to make getting to this easier. I previously did this edit to message_user_info to add quick links to the postbit. Now I've added this too. clicking it bring you to the node permission for that user for the current forum

Code:
                                        <xen:if is="{$forum.node_id}">
                                            <li><a target="_blank" href="{xen:adminlink 'node-permissions/{$forum.node_id}/user&user_id={$user.user_id}'}"><b>Forum Ban User</b></a></li>
                                        </xen:if>

the forum node if keeps it from displaying in conversations.

the code was insert inside these ifs whihc were already there.
Code:
                                <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} != {$user.user_id}">
                                    <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_admin}">

the first one makes sure you don't see it w/ your own posts & the 2nd one makes sure you have admin access.

Top Bottom