Forsaken & Xenique Skins

denisx04

I have nothing but great things to say about Forsaken and his support. I have just about asked him every forum question known and he has answered all of them swiftly and kindly.

His skins are beautiful and he will guide you step by step on how to customize it to your liking. I have nothing but respect and love for him and his beautiful skins.

http://xenforo.com/community/members/forsaken.560/

If you're looking for great professional skins and with great suppot I do mean GREAT support, That's your guy.

He needs to come out with a responsive design. That's about the only area that most designers here seem to skip over.

I like how some of his work looks, but need to see more flexibility

He needs to come out with a responsive design. That's about the only area that most designers here seem to skip over.

I like how some of his work looks, but need to see more flexibility
I usually recommend people go with Arty's, though if XenForo adopts a responsive style I'll support that.

Pre-made styles don't make much and making them responsive takes a lot of time that won't be covered by purchases when there is already a product that will make most styles responsive.

EDIT: Responsive text alone will be a big issue with making my own additional framework for it, which is what ultimately made me decide against it without something like TMS.

The uploaded file is all of the fonts used at AdeptGamer split up into the different font-sizes. ~422 lines of code with out any font-size declaration shows how much work it would be and how much additional overhead would be included.

Attachments

I have nothing but great things to say about Forsaken and his support. I have just about asked him every forum question known and he has answered all of them swiftly and kindly.

His skins are beautiful and he will guide you step by step on how to customize it to your liking. I have nothing but respect and love for him and his beautiful skins.

http://xenforo.com/community/members/forsaken.560/

If you're looking for great professional skins and with great suppot I do mean GREAT support, That's your guy.

Yup when it comes to designs (colour usage gradients and concepts) he certainly knows his stuff I'd recommended people to him all the time just not invite him to parties though because he's grumpy.

Edit: Kim's designs are my fav, always been a fan from the IPB days and the two have a different style of designing which makes them perfect partners to work together so more often than not if there's a design you need you'll def get it at xenique.

I call him my smart a*s brat :p

Definitely not shy in stating his opinions, and doesn't suffer fools lightly, but he's a great person, and very clever with design, a different style to me completely, which as Shelley says makes us quite complimentary as business partners.

I call him my smart a*s brat :p

Definitely not shy in stating his opinions, and doesn't suffer fools lightly, but he's a great person, and very clever with design, a different style to me completely, which as Shelley says makes us quite complimentary as business partners.
Your fault for being so easy to make fun of :p.

I usually recommend people go with Arty's, though if XenForo adopts a responsive style I'll support that.

Pre-made styles don't make much and making them responsive takes a lot of time that won't be covered by purchases when there is already a product that will make most styles responsive.

EDIT: Responsive text alone will be a big issue with making my own additional framework for it, which is what ultimately made me decide against it without something like TMS.

The uploaded file is all of the fonts used at AdeptGamer split up into the different font-sizes. ~422 lines of code with out any font-size declaration shows how much work it would be and how much additional overhead would be included.
However the level of work.... That is where the future is.

With more and more mobile devices coming onto the internet.... It's not something you can ignore long term.

Indeed, however given that Xenforo is most likely to either make the default responsive, or produce a responsive theme, it makes little to no sense to do our own one at this stage.

Yup. No sense in reinventing the wheel. Arty's responsive design is great. And if XenForo does their own, even better. No sense in you spending a lot of time on something that might become deprecated.

Yup. No sense in reinventing the wheel. Arty's responsive design is great. And if XenForo does their own, even better. No sense in you spending a lot of time on something that might become deprecated.
Responsive styles don't take that long. You only have to do it once anyways, and much of the code can be ported over to other skins. We built a responsive skin so that people don't have to wait for XenForo and have an alternative to Arty's. For example, ours shows the sidebar below the content instead of having to click a button. Minor differences, of course.

Responsive styles don't take that long. You only have to do it once anyways, and much of the code can be ported over to other skins. We built a responsive skin so that people don't have to wait for XenForo and have an alternative to Arty's. For example, ours shows the sidebar below the content instead of having to click a button. Minor differences, of course.

The way it's being described it sounded like it took weeks & weeks to develop. How long did it take for you to build your responsive stuff Mike? if you don't mind me asking.

The way it's being described it sounded like it took weeks & weeks to develop. How long did it take for you to build your responsive stuff Mike? if you don't mind me asking.
It took me awhile because I got stuck on something specific, but 99% of the labor itself I got done in a day or two. My theme, xenBlock, has been sitting on my hard drive for months fully responsive, I just never released it. We'd been busy with upgrades and development.

It took me awhile because I got stuck on something specific, but 99% of the labor itself I got done in a day or two. My theme, xenBlock, has been sitting on my hard drive for months fully responsive, I just never released it. We'd been busy with upgrades and development.

Interesting and thanks for sharing the info. I always thought it was a big job (not saying it's a small job) since i wouldn't know where to begin that it took a good while.

Top Bottom