XF's greatest flaw...Skins.

I find it more trouble to change up things with xenForo. I understand it is more powerful but I enjoy the simplicity of the design for vBulletin 3.

At the risk of getting blasted, I totally agree. But I could live with it if XF could handle more than a few skins...just being honest.

we've been working with someone on this forum for our skin and it's been a very nice process. looking forward to going live soon.

Xenforo doesn't handle lots of themes unfortunately, it will clag up after about 8 or so, often the rebuild is not even possible after you install a theme once you hit a certain amount, especially if you are on a shared server which might be slow to begin with.

Multiple themes are very important to some communities - I know plenty that have 20 or more.

I am hoping that down the line the ability to have more than a handful of themes will be looked at, but I understand it can't be a huge priority right now :p

Do you mean at a time on the same forum ?
One good one is all that is really needed.

Perhaps for your forum, but for some, like mine, it is an extremely important part of the experience for members. I've had a XF license for my forum from day one, but I cannot possibly convert it over from vb until XF can handle the skins.

Xenforo doesn't handle lots of themes unfortunately, it will clag up after about 8 or so, often the rebuild is not even possible after you install a theme once you hit a certain amount, especially if you are on a shared server which might be slow to begin with.

Multiple themes are very important to some communities - I know plenty that have 20 or more.

I am hoping that down the line the ability to have more than a handful of themes will be looked at, but I understand it can't be a huge priority right now :p

Unfortunately I have to agree. I deleted 8 custom themes because of this issue.

Perhaps for your forum, but for some, like mine, it is an extremely important part of the experience for members. I've had a XF license for my forum from day one, but I cannot possibly convert it over from vb until XF can handle the skins.

What is the issue exactly?

I have had up to 7 installed. Just stopped on my own.

/see this now

I see... never broke the 7 barrier yet... :p

Ya it's actually annoying for theme makers or theme collectors.

I really hope it gets addressed eventually, sort of discouraging I have to limit what styles I can actively work on at a time :cry:

I was under the impression that Xenforo gained a speed advantage by treating styles differently than predecessors.
Something like it compiled the styles before hand vs at runtime ?
(someone feel free to give any details).

Xenforo's greatest strength is speed.

It seems "being able to support 6 simultaneous themes" and "being super fast" might not be simultaneously possible.

Top Bottom