Fixed  Forsaken Broke it :(

loads fine for me in chrome now... did anything change or is it an issue with it being unread?

EDIT: Ahh, title changed

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/tilde.html explains why tilde's should not be used in URL's... it seems that chrome is possibly encoding it to its actual RFC standard of %7e before sending it but then xenForo wasn't recognising the URL and was telling the browser to redirect to the version with the ~ in it but google was then encoding it again..

However other browsers such as FF IE etc seem to just send it as ~

Interesting stuff there, Ceri May... Though I'm still wondering if it is a Chrome-only issue, or a wider WebKit issue. (My guess is the latter.)

Interesting stuff there, Ceri May... Though I'm still wondering if it is a Chrome-only issue, or a wider WebKit issue. (My guess is the latter.)

Quite possibly... There is no Safari for linux and well Safari in Wine Sucks so I can't test...

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/tilde.html explains why tilde's should not be used in URL's... it seems that chrome is possibly encoding it to its actual RFC standard of %7e before sending it but then xenForo wasn't recognising the URL and was telling the browser to redirect to the version with the ~ in it but google was then encoding it again..

However other browsers such as FF IE etc seem to just send it as ~

So the issue was chrome was doing it correctly and nothing else does?

Not to mention.. Why would you even WANT to run Safari? :D

I run it with pleasure. Safari 5 is great!
I used to be a full mozilla browser fan, but firefox has disappointed me many times, and I just realized last year that safari was the browser that (on my systems) loads, and loads the quickest. I am very happy with it.

yeah, there's nothing wrong with safari really. it's go ta good rendering engine and it feels nice. It's just never quite done things how I expected so I've not tried it in ages.

oh, and last time I loaded it there was no address bar and no way to add one back in that I could see, so it didn't go very far ;)

I'm an Opera fanatic.

I use to like Firefox... But after they got a high user-base, and development dropped off for a long time, I gave up on them. I've also had way to many memory/CPU issues with the browser.

opera just renders things it's own way and feels dodgy... ;)

it's nearly as bad as IE in my eyes, in fact, at times it's more annoying to work with

opera just renders things it's own way and feels dodgy... ;)

it's nearly as bad as IE in my eyes, in fact, at times it's more annoying to work with

I've RARELY had an issue with Opera's rendering.

More often, I had problems with Firefox.

I remember one instance where I was having issues with a design I was doing, and it worked on everything except Safari and Firefox.

Top Bottom