1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Forgot password not sending e-mail

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by florencia, May 13, 2015.

1. florencia

florencia Active Member

Hi, when I click on forgot password then I click on the link from the e-mail i get "The requested page could not be found." any ideas why this is happening?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the Board URL in the ACP is set correctly.

3. florencia

florencia Active Member

yes. that was it. Thank you so much Brogan for your prompt response. I'm with a deadline.

4. florencia

florencia Active Member

When I get the reset password it also e-mail the user name with it. That is not very secure. Can I remove the username information from that e-mail and leave only the password? Thank you.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no option to do that.

6. florencia

florencia Active Member

mmm, really? user names and password should never be sent in the same e-mail. Any add-ons that fixes this problem that you know?

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's really a moot point because if you have the email, you have the email address which you can login with.

8. florencia

florencia Active Member

mmm... :D i guess you are right...:p

I was thinking on their user name and password forgot about the e-mail that can also be used as the user name.

maybe in the future we can have user name (not e-mail) and password, in which case it might be more secure because you would have to know both.